3. Enchantment of the Seas
This was our second cruise on the Enchantment, the first being in May 2006. My Husband (32) and myself (27), and another couple of the same age traveled. It was a 5 night, with stops in Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We had an inside cabin on deck 3. We drove from our home in Orlando to Fort Lauderdale and parked at Park 'n Fly about 4 blocks from the port. They had a shuttle that dropped us off at the port. Total cost to park was only $42.50, much cheaper than the port parking. Arrived at check-in desk at 12:45pm and were on board by 1:00pm. We went straight to Chops Grille on deck 6 and made dinner reservations for 7pm on night 3 (Jamaica). Then we went to check out our rooms, both were ready. The stateroom was small, however, we found them neatly organized, and very clean, although that didn't stop me from wiping down most of the surfaces. This was my first time in an inside room, I have always had oceanviews on prior cruises (3), I was nervous about not being able to look out the window and see what my body was feeling (if that makes any sense). It turned out to be a non issue. Although I missed the view, for the price we paid it was just fine. After eating and drinking the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries that we had previously ordered, and were waiting for us when we arrived to our rooms, we explored the ship and headed to the Windjammer for lunch. The food was good, we were always able to find seats. The muster drill was next. Muster was quick and painless. Our friends went up top to watch us set sail, while my husband and I went to the room for a nap. We had late seating at 8:30pm. We thought the dinning room overall had very good food. The service was good, our waiter was not as personable as the assistant waiter, but he was very efficient nonetheless. We did notice the portions have been reduced since our last cruise, but we were very happy with that change. Less waste is always a good thing. You could always order seconds, but we didn't and always left very full. We did have lobster on the last night, it was included in the Fisherman's platter with shrimp, rice and broccoli. In my opinion it was over sauced with the butter and garlic. So if you order it, ask for the sauce on the side just to be safe. Day 2 Sea day. I lounged at the pool and played some at the casino. It was formal night, as well as the Captain's welcome aboard reception, free champagne! We found the Schonner bar and it became our go to place. The piano players were all very talented. Great views and a fun place to hang out. We found out quickly that the bartender there made the strongest drink onboard. Day 3 Grand Cayman. We took a cab to Sea Grape Beach. The fare was $5.00 per person each way. Beach chairs were $10.00 each and that included a drink at the bar (nonalcoholic). Umbrellas were $5.00 each. We brought our own snorkeling equipment, which we highly recommend. There is a small reef a few yards out, we saw some very friendly fish. The liked to swarm my husband. We then went to Margaritaville had a drink, and went back onboard. It was a very relaxing day, my most favorite of the whole cruise. Day 4 Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We booked the Dolphin Swim and Dunn's River Fall climb through the cruise line. It was $138.00 per person. Swimming with the dolphins was a great experience. The guides were friendly and we learned a lot about the animals. There were about 10 people per dolphin. We then went to Dunn's River Falls and things went downhill fast. The guides were fine as you were climbing, but every few yards they made you stop and pose for a picture, or say something for the video they were shooting. Afterwards, they were very pushy for a tip and seemed to think the tip we game them was not enough. We then tried to find the exit that didn't take you through the Marketplace, but were unable to find it so we braved the path through the shops. Although we never felt unsafe, it was not a pleasant experience. No thank you was not enough for these people. I overheard a man on out tour say that next time he was there he would have a bunch of $1.00 bills to pass out as a peace offering to let him pass. Not a bad idea, we thought. While waiting for our fellow tourmates on the bus, my husband stepped off to have a cigarette. A man approached him and offered him marijuana, when he said no the man pressed him as to why not, even asking him if he was scared. Like I said, no is not enough! We truly enjoyed the dolphins and the actual climbing of the falls was a once in a life time experience, but it was ruined by the whole Marketplace experience. My husband and I are in agreement, twice to Jamaica is enough, we won't go back. Chops Grill was the best meal of the cruise. We each had the filet, and it was just excellent. The service there was absolutely top notch. Well worth the $25.00 cover charge. FYI- be sure to get the Mud Pie, it's to die for, really! Day 5 Sea day. Earlier in the cruise I had expressed an interest in seeing the kitchen to the Head Waiter. He explained that due to safety issues they no longer offered a tour, and on the limited times that they did, it was only for the most elite cruisers. He said that he would talk to the Chef and see if it was possible. Well he came through, and myself and one of our friends had a private tour of the kitchens with one of the chefs. It was amazing! Everything was huge! If you can arrange it, totally do it. I had lunch in the dining room, and they had a wonderful pasta bar. You had to go to the station tell the chef what you wanted on you pasta and they made it right there and delivered it to you table. It was delicious. Day 6 Departure. Leaving the ship was okay, it took about 45 minutes. Customs was a breeze. We got picked up by Park 'n Fly and were headed home by 10:00am.

Enchamtment is pure fun