3. Oosterdam
My husband and I just returned from the Oosterdam and found it to be the best cruise we've ever been on. We've cruised with RCCL, Disney and Premier and found HAL top notch in every way. We read many reviews on this ship both positive and negative and decided to give it a try. We booked directly through HAL at the last minute and got a terrific deal on an outside cabin with obstructed view. They told us picture window but to our surprise it had floor-to-ceiling windows which was wonderful. We were really surprised at this. The cabin was spacious with lots of shelves for everything. I loved the tub in the bathroom as most ships do not have this. The bathroom itself was plenty big to move around. We can't say enough about the ship and its staff - wonderful, sweet people. The age group did not matter to us. We are in our late 40s with no children and did not seem out of place in any way. Since we like to go casual - we only used the Vista dining room for two breakfasts and found it beautiful. Everything well presented. All other meals we ate at the Lido which has a great set up with all the different food stations. Never any lines and a great variety. We especially liked the many nooks and crannies of this ship - lots of places to relax and plenty of room and chairs at the pools. Great things to do during the daytime like digital camera classes, yoga classes, massage classes for couples. We especially liked the many games like team trivia, Boggle, etc. The ports of call were fine with us. We never have been to Jamaica and booked a private guide and enjoyed this island and it's people very much. We saw the "real Jamaica" and found it the best port of call. Grand Cayman lovely with mostly shopping. In Cozumel we decided to visit an all-inclusve resort for the day at just $35 per person at the Allegro Cozumel. This was a wonderful deal. A short taxi ride from the pier. All drinks included alcoholic an non-alcoholic, food and use of all non-motorized beach equipment. My husband had a great time snorkeling and saw many exotic fish. I enjoyed just relaxing under the tiki hut on the beach and reading. Great place wonderful staff. The Guest Relations Manager greeted us at the door as I had Emailed him prior to our arrival. It was wonderful and he treated us so well. Later on we enjoyed the shopping in Cozumel - the farther back we walked - the better the prices by far. All in all wonderful cruise with HAL - we are anxious to go back. We can't find anything negative at all to say about this cruise or its hard-working staff. Also - the Spa is heaven! Give HAL a try, you won't be disappointed.

Oosterdam - Western Caribbean

Oosterdam Cruise Review by missnancy1955

• Sail Date: March 2004
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
missnancy1955’s Full Rating Summary