Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review
2,389 Reviews

Will Not Cruise NCL Again.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by magic68mike

• Sail Date: Jan 2008
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

Let's start, this was my 5th cruise. I have cruised with Carnival "3" times,Royal Caribbean "1" time and NCL "1" time. I wanted to try NCL because of the "freestyle cruising" at least thats what they call it??? You know "Dinner at Any O'Clock" what a joke.. First of all you must make reservations at least a day in advanced and you might get a table. the "Big Money People" people in the garden villas get first choice and can make reservations 2 and 3 days ahead of time.. There for whats the difference in freestyle or not ? If you want a nice sit down meal like any other cruiseline offers you will pay extra $20 a person on NCL and then an extra $10 Per Person for lobster what a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can get Lobster and a great steak on other cruiselines with no extra charge. But I must pick a dinner time well let,s see freestyle clams dinner at any O'Clock sure if you can get a table resv. If not you might get in after 10pm Now thats what I call bogus advertising....Anyway enough about "freestyle" Sum it up Its not worth it the food is not that great. My opinion FREESTYLE SUCKS!!! Next the whole cruise was confusion. They don't give you enough info period. T.V. in the room was terrible picture would freeze every couple of minutes. T.V. selection was horrible no major networks.. They do have wide selection goods in the gift shop on board but well over priced on everything compared to other cruise lines.I feel sorry for all the first time cruisers that were on the ship and hope they cruise on Carnival one time to see the difference.I know I'm done with trying different Cruise lines. My wife made me promise only to book with Carnival in the future. I totally agree with her. The ship was well kept and service was good but no better tan any other cruiseship I have been on. Overall I don't recommend NCL at least not the Jewel and less you want to spend extra money for nothing and like being confused.

magic68mike's Full Rating Summary