3. Carnival Victory
I just got back from the Carnival Victory Cruise which departed Miami Dec 30th. I was very disappointed with this cruise. Aside from bad weather, which is uncontrolable, there were several things which were not up to par. First, the food was not good at all. The buffet was not maintained by food personnel and the quality of the food was sub par. The formal dining experience was a joke. My wife and I were dressed formally as was about half the cruisers. The other half were in shorts,no shoes, sandals, etc. This should be enforced on formal night. I understand that the fun ships are very casual but it should not be that informal. NEXT: There seems to be a shortage of room and deck chairs out by the pool. If you didnt claim a chair by 7:00 am you were out of luck for the entire day. On vacation I dont think you should have to get up at 6AM just to get a chair by the pool. Waiters in the dining room seem to be just going through the motions to do their job. The personal contact just wasnt there. I think that is because they no longer get addtiional personal tips since tips are included in the cruise. I tipped additiionally any way. The shipboard activities are too juvenile. Bingo is ok, but all the trivia games, and the entire agenda of trivial seems to be geared to very young adults. I think that the cruise director should really take a look at this and adjust these activities. Too much of the same thing over and over again. On the bright side the evening shows were very good. Malcom is a very good cruise director and the Victory dancers were very good, The cruise hosts were also very friendly. Overall, I would not take this cruise again. For whoever reads this, if you are over 30 years old dont take this fun ship cruise. Next time I will have to seek out a more formal and mature cruise itinerary.

Did not meet my expectations

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by fred olshan