• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Rhapsody of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
53 Awards

Royal Caribbean Should Be Ashamed Itself!!!

Review for Rhapsody of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
LAXtoLAS
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2007
Cabin:

I am 31 years old and went on my first cruise in 1985 it was the Sitmar Fairwind. I still recall what a fantastic vacation....that is what got me hooked on cruising. I sailed on Rhapsody in April 2007 (she just got out of dry-dock) She looked like an 80 year old after a facelift...a little better but still old! After reading some of the other reviews I felt a need to chime in and WARN potential passengers about this ship and RCCL in general! I like to list thing out and will do the best I can here with what I can recall about this ship and it's service. I will not sail with RCCL or Celebrity again. Celebrity is a step up but I can't stand this company and since both are owned by RCCL....I'm done with them.

1. The cabin was dirty...so much so that on our first port I purchased a bottle of Windex!...lol. (now that is pathetic) I had them replace a bunch of things in the cabin...from the TV that had fallen down ( had a smashed in corner) to the light fixtures that were old and yellow. I paid for the cruise and "for my money I want honey" I could care less about complaining to them....it's their job to make it right. Many on the ship had the same complaints so I knew it was not just me! Let me just say that TIP stands for "To Ensure Promptness" I did not tip the Cabin Steward...that was a first but I did leave him the Windex and a note saying "next time clean the cabin!"...lol.

2. The food was just ok....not much effort into it. I ate it but then again I'm not too picky so...if you're expecting first class cuisine....forget about it! You get packets of condiments with some food on-board!....packets just like you get at McDonalds....these folks at RCCL are CHEAP...I was told by a few that Carnival had better food!....yikes!

3 Helpful Votes