3. Splendour of the Seas
We enjoyed the trip. It was two adults and a 16 year old. The cruise left Venice in high winds and waves. The captain the next day told us it was gale force winds of 55 knots. While the ship rocked a bit, we noticed it, but it wasn't bad. I get sea sick and so does my son and we did fine. Actually, knowing how bad it was built some confidence I did not have before regarding motion sickness. I used the arm bands and they must have worked because I was fine. They ports are very nice. We did Mykonos, Corfu, Athens, Split, Olympia. Mykonos was beautiful and everything you image when thinking of Greece. Corfu was a pretty island. Athens is a huge city, but the acropolis was magnificent. Split is very old and we preserved and we enjoyed walking around. There is a huge open market just off the ship and lots of fine crafts, leather goods, etc. Boarding the ship was easy once we walked from Plaza Roma to the ship. Its about a mile up the road. We never did find the Royal Caribbean buses. We got on board about 1:30 with no wait at all. Departing was easy too except it was raining and the buses to Plaza Roma are a long way from the ship. Overall it was a nice trip especially for my son. He truly enjoyed all the history and Greece was really wonderful. It was warm in Greece, but very cool in Venice. Many of the shops and restaurants in the ports were closed because of the off season. I think that it was actually the final ship of the year for Mykonos or at least that's what they told us. We went on the Splendour in 2005 in the Western Med. It is a nice ship, showing a little age, but not enough to matter. We had a nice time and enjoyed the trip.

Very Nice Cruise