3. Coral Princess
We sailed on the Coral Princess from 11/10 to 11/20 with the primary purpose of viewing the Panama Canal. In that respect the cruise was great, the canal is amazing to see in operation and to actually go thru the locks at Gatun Lake was incredible. However after the Canal there was not really much else that happened that made me glad that we took this particular cruise. This was my wife and I's 3rd cruise on Princess and to tell you the truth, each cruise has been less satisfying then the previous one. The main problems with this cruise were with the food and the shore trips. Embarkation - Excellent Left Providence on a 7:40AM flight on Southwest and was actually on the ship and in my cabin by 12:15PM. Disembarkation was just as easy. Dining. - Fair to poor Breakfast at Horizons was great, lunch was okay and dinner in Horizons (we elected not to go the formal route for 2 nites) was absolutely terrible. I would have preferred McDonalds. The other 8 nites that we ate in the dining room were okay, nothing to write home about. (except for the Fettuccine Alfredo, which is to wonderful). Soups were either watery or a type of cold soup. Overall the food wasn't much better then what you would get at an Outback restaurant. Ship Facilities - Very good I had no problems with the ship itself, its very nice and laid out very similar to all the other Princess ships. It's not hard to get around or find things. Didn't see a lot of people winning on the slots. Shows were good for the most part. Shore Trips - Poor (except for the trip thru Canal) Aruba - we were there from 7:00 am to 1:00 am, you can't really do much in such a short time. We went snorkeling and it was okay. Cartagena Columbia -- very dirty place. Shopping not worth it. Cristobol Panama - just a shopping area Costa Rica - Signed up for the $200 rain forest / river trip. - Not worth it. This may sound stupid but all the rain forest consists of is a bunch of trees and vines and plants that are wet and close together. I thought I would see flowers and some animals. Saw none of either. The river part was also lame, however did see some animals from a hundred yards or so away. Jamaica - Went on a catamaran ride, saw the end of Dunn River Falls. - nothing special. Not sure if I will travel on Princess again.

Coral Princess - Central America/Panama Canal

Coral Princess Cruise Review by Frank Sullivan

Embarkation - Excellent
Dining. - Fair to poor
Ship Facilities - Very good
Shore Trips - Poor (except for the trip thru Canal)
Not sure if I will travel on Princess again.
Frank Sullivan’s Full Rating Summary