3. Adventure of the Seas
I was on Adventure from November 11 to the 18th, and had a great time, met a bunch of really interesting people and had yet another great experience with RCCL. For the ships age, Adventure is in great shape, new bedding that we first saw on Freedom is installed in all the cabins, and that is a huge plus; slept like a baby every night. The employees went above and beyond and truly exemplify what it means to provide top service in all the ship areas; never saw a weary face, frustrated staff member, just folks trying their hardest to make us welcome and special. The food was what you always expect it to be, not the greatest, but very good to say the least. We did eat at Portofino's and were so impressed we went back a second night. Top notch food and service, you almost forget your on a ship. I'd like to comment on the review written by dddewitt77. The review is so unfair and so prejudicial that I have to set the record straight. First of all, you are sailing out of Puerto Rico so guess what, the majority of people are going to be from Puerto Rico. To say that RCCL has lessened the standard and now promotes a Ghetto type ship is so far removed from the truth. The reality is that in the formal dining area, I never saw anyone arrive to dinner dressed in ghetto clothing. In the common areas there were kids who wore their hats on sideways and such, but by and large they were respectful. The nightclubs were never a place of gang type atmosphere. In fact we were in the clubs most every night, danced and had a great time, never felt threatened. Our table mates were all from Puerto Rico and we did have trouble communicating but we all had a great time together; many laughs, and good times. I am a white male and never once did I see anything that would cause me concern nor did I ever feel threatened. I believe dddewitt77 should take the time to learn that there are other people out there and that cultural diversities exist, and rather than shun another culture because of your preconceived notions you'd do well to learn about their heritage and culture, they are more than willing to share it with you. I love going out of Puerto Rico, the embarkation and debarkation always go so much easier there than say the Port in Miami. Whenever and wherever you cruise it is what you make it to be. The glass is either half full or half empty, how you view it, will determine how well you enjoy your cruise regardless of the people or surroundings. Well job job by the RCCL staff, and cruise line itself for always trying to make everyone as happy as possible.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean