3. Celebrity Millennium
My wife and I did the Venice to Barcelona cruise with 11 friends. We have cruised quite a bit and can make a valid comparison with other ships. What I will report will not be positive, so be prepared! In Venice we took the shuttle bus the ship provided at Piazza Roma. It was a short ride to the dock, but the bus left us off about 250 yards from the place where you check in. There was a lot of luggage to drag and no assistance offered by Celebrity --they really should take notice of this When coming on board we were greeted with a glass of champagne--nice touch, but beware. The next time I was offered a drink by Celebrity, it was at the Venice "sail away". The bill for these two drinks came to $15 dollars! Not a very nice touch or were they trying to get even for the free one? At Dubrovnik, the ship ran a shuttle bus to the old town. They charged $12 per person. Take a cab if you are two or more people--its cheaper and no waiting when you want to return to the ship. I think they run just 2 buses and the line to return was long and it took a long time to get back. I found the food just plain lousy! I returned 3 out of 4 entrees during the first 4 days. I finally asked the head waiter where the chef was buying the food. I told them they need a new butcher because most of the meat was second rate and too tough to eat. On the 5th day the food improved some. The buffet is some kind of a joke. At breakfast, you have to wait a long time to get an omelette made--if you can find a clean plate. There were no plates or silverware because---"the washing machine is broken" Give me a break! The way the food is available makes it difficult to get any. It is on one side of the room and there a lines for everything. Fruit, eggs, rolls, trays, etc. I told them to see how Princess does a buffet. For the dinner buffet, the food is a bigger joke! They serve sushi or pasta every evening. And try to get a dessert--you better like "rubbery" chocolate chip cookies or second rate ice cream. (not exactly gelato or soft serve) We thought the talent in the shows was exceptional. The shows are a definite must! On a final note-- During the next to last day of the cruise we tried to book an excursion in Barcelona. Many of our friends were taking this tour and we wanted to join them. The person at the tour desk told us that all tours were closed two days ago and he could do nothing. I have been on cruises where the tour desk booked us as we entered a bus on the dock. These people were just plain uncooperative. Later, when we met our friends in Barcelona, the reported that the bus was half empty! We filled out white comment cards about all the issues I reported in this review. I was told that Celebrity would definitely respond to me shortly. To date, they have not and really do not expect them to. ps--don't drink the coffee in the buffet-it's terrible!

Celebrity Millennium - Eastern Mediterranean

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by bobgail

ps--don't drink the coffee in the buffet-it's terrible!
bobgail’s Full Rating Summary