3. Carnival Fascination
I'm 25 and this was my first time on a cruise and it was awesome! The service exceeded our expectations! All staff were very friendly and made us feel so welcome. At the seated dinners, the personalized attention was great. Since it was only a 3 day cruise, we never felt bored and had plenty to do at all times. The trip to Nassau on Saturday was fun but one day on an island goes by so quick. One advantage of this cruise vs. other cruises is that we had 24 hours on the island were as most cruises only give you a portion of the day on the island. So we were able to experience the night life on the island as well. You should definitely decide what you really want to do on the island because there are many choices. We wanted to go snorkeling but ended up going to Paradise Island and seeing the Atlantis resort and then chilling on beach for a few hours. The beach was beautiful--white sand, aqua-turquoise water but the tide was too high for me to go swimming and the water was freezing although some people were out there. Afterwards we went shopping at the straw market for souvenir and headed back to the ship for dinner. After dinner we went back out on the island to Senor Frogs to party although it was very "spring break" so we didn't stay very long. Sunday was the day on the ship and it was relaxing. We spent some time in the casino and engaging in other activities on board. But time just flew by and before we knew it--it was time to go back. The best part of the cruise was the food and service. They even upgraded our room! There is just so much food at all times and the quality of food is very good. We couldn't believe how big the lobster and steak portions were! And the best part is you can eat as much as you want! The part that I liked least would be the shows--they weren't all that great. The other thing that put a slight damper on my great vacation was that it was chilly. I suggest if you are going to take a cruise--go between April-Sept. Although it was mid-March, it was windy and chilly. I brought all summer clothes and one sweater and I wished I had brought more long-sleeved clothing and pants. The ocean was really cold as well and it was partly cloudy so you didn't feel the sun too much. Also, we didn't swim in the swimming pools on the deck of the ship because it felt too cold and we hung out in the jacuzzi instead. On the ship and on the island it was quite windy. Bottom line--if you've never been and want a quick getaway--you should definitely check out Carnival's 3 and 4 night cruises!

Carnival Fascination - Bahamas