3. Adventure of the Seas
This was my second cruise on Adventure of the Seas. I decided to take my wife on this cruise for our anniversary. It was 3 years ago in October that we were married on this ship. Our pre-cruise stay was 2 nights at the San Juan Marriott and Stellaris Casino. This hotel came highly recommended to me and I pass on the same high recommendations to anyone else looking for a San Juan hotel. The hotel was gorgeous inside and out. The beds were very comfy and the view from my Oceanfront Room was awesome. The staff went overboard to satisfy us. Right across the street was a Walgreens, Starbucks, Ben and Jerry's, and a great local pizza joint. Embarking was a nightmare. In the past, we have been able to wait inside the building. Not this time. The line stretched the entire length of the building, outside. It was 90 degrees, very high humidity, and there are no fans or benches outside. Furthermore, no priority was given to Diamond, Platinum, or Suite guests. Once on board, I was impressed with the ship. She's in great shape. In fact, I think it looked better on this trip than it did 3 years ago. We were booked in Junior Suite 9628. The room is located on deck 9, port side, on the aft portion of "the hump." The room looked brand new. It had obviously been refurbished recently. The carpet was brand new, and very soft. The new bedding has been installed and it was very comfy. This cruise made stops in Aruba, Curacao, St. Maartin, and St. Thomas. Every stop was wonderful and we felt safe at all times. The Southern Caribbean is my absolute favorite. I very highly recommend Trunk Bay on St. John for a St. Thomas excursion. It was the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. For entertainment, The Platters and El Gaucho were on board. Both were great. The Production Shows were "Jackpot" and "Can't Stop The Rock." Jackpot could be missed, but Can't Stop The Rock was very good. Plus, the ice show was fabulous, as always. There was one very big downer to this cruise. I've read in the past about complaints concerning high numbers of Puerto Ricans on board. This did not bother me. But on board, I quickly came to realize these complaints were spot on. This cruise had 1700 Puerto Ricans, which seems to be common on this ship. I tell it like it is. And I will not make an exception here. Of 13 cruises, this cruise had the rudest group of passengers I've ever encountered. Here are a few examples: There were numerous people walking around with low-rider jeans showing their underwear, wife-beater shirts, crooked hats, and gold teeth. Don't think ghettos exist on cruise ships? Well, that seems to be changing. Don't even think about going into Jesters Night Club late at night. It looked like an inner-city bar ready to break out into gang violence at any moment. This is not an exaggeration. The line cutting was out of hand. The Pool Deck was also out of control. A woman actually stole my pool chair while I was in the pool! One night, these people TRASHED the Solarium. The deck was covered in broken glass and chicken bones. Every single bad incident involved the Puerto Ricans. They had no respect for the boat and their fellow passengers. I could go on and on with examples, but you get the point. Despite this beautiful ship and wonderful crew, this was my LAST San Juan cruise.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean