• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mad4mky
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2007
Cabin: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

My husband and I sailed on the RCI Voyager of the Seas for our 10th wedding anniversary. This is only our 2nd cruise, our first being a short 3 day trip on the Disney Magic to the Bahamas.

**First off—I have to say, that I read such negative things about the ship and our airlines for months before I left. I was in such a dither over both. Both—were dead wrong. **Also—we encountered NO pick pockets (and I wore ALL my own gold/diamond jewelry on shore excursions). We did see some gypsies, but were very careful in busy areas, as well as kept our valuables hidden. Repeat—I wore ALL my regular wedding/diamond rings and jewelries with no issues anywhere.

We left San Francisco via American Airlines late (9/27)—we didn't mind as we were staying over in NYC before flying onto Barcelona. We flew first class. We enjoyed the luxury of leg space and leather seats. We arrived at JFK 1 ½ hours late—but we stayed at a local Holiday Inn near JFK, so times were not of a concern for us. Tomorrow, they would be! And, as long as our luggage arrived, we were happy campers.

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony