Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by nyy49

• Sail Date: Oct 2007
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

Just got back from our cruise, 10/7-10/13. I was a little skeptical after reading some of the previous reviews and posts on the message board. I was pleasantly surprised. The ship was very nice and kind of ornate due to the Asian influence. I live in NJ so I drove to the port and parked my car. Couldn't be easier. Embarkation took about 20 minutes and we were soon in Windows having lunch. It was a warm day in NY so we just hung out in the area on the back of the ship above the kid's pool (very nice area for the kids). Went to the room around 2:00. It was an inside cabin, not bad, but it had a nice shower stall, not like other ones I've seen on other ships I've been on. From the minute we got on the ship the staff couldn't be friendlier. Of course there are those that may have been having a bad day but all in all they were great. We ate at most of the specialty restaurants and in the Main dining room a few times. I like the fact that you can choose a specialty restaurant or just eat in the regular dining room. Alot of people did eat in the regular dining room. The ports we stopped at were really good. I actually liked Martha's Vineyard the best. We had to use the tender for that port and Bar Harbor. The water was very rough in Martha's Vineyard and they had some trouble get some of the tenders back to the ship. Glad I wasn't on those. The entertainment was very good but I thought the showroom was small. The only thing I missed from RCI was a place to get a cappuccino or latte. They had a cafe but they had coffee drinks with liquor in them. I just needed a latte but I survived. All in all, I recommend this ship and itinerary. I enjoyed it very much.

nyy49's Full Rating Summary