3. Enchantment of the Seas
My husband and I left on our first cruise on Sept 1. This was the honeymoon we never when we married 28 years ago. We flew into Fort Lauderdale and used the transportation arranged by our travel agent to get to the ship. The process was seamless. I was really impressed with the organization of the cruise line during the check in process. Considering the number of people that need to board long lines were expected but happily nonexistent. We were sent to the Windjammer for a buffet lunch. What a poor first impression that was. There were more people than tables, a traffic pattern that made you always feel like someone was cutting in front of you and just a general feeling of what did we get ourselves into. Luckily, the rest of the trip was definitely uphill. My husband purchased a soda sticker. Unsure if he would do it again. It was often difficult to get a soda or a refill. The bartenders ignored the soda crowd to wait on patrons ordering alcohol drinks. After lunch we found our cabin and settled in. I had read a lot about the lack of space but found our balcony room to have more than enough space for us to have a very comfortable vacation. There was plenty of drawer, shelf and closet space. The bed was comfortable. The TV was small but I didn't go on a cruise to watch TV. Earl, our room attendant, introduced himself and was very friendly and helpful throughout our trip. Dinner was in the My Fair Lady room. It was a big improvement from lunch. We chose to eat the majority of our meals there. Breakfast, lunch and dinners had plenty of choices (8 or more entrees) to accommodate even a picky eater. The food was consistently delicious. Appetizers, salad, entree and dessert were part of every dinner. Breakfast and lunch food was a step up from the Windjammer. The service was amazing. After ordering tea with my dessert at 2 meals, tea was served after dinner the remaining evenings without a request.Our staff was friendly, and efficient. They would share information about their job and family if asked.We did not gamble, use the children's club or book shore excursions. We did spend time at the pool. We never had trouble finding a chair. We also spent time in the health club. Several times we needed to come back at a later time because all machines were being used. The area is a little cramped. We enjoyed the shows, especially the comedian. We also enjoyed putting our recent dance lessons to use in the lounges. We attended the program about shopping on the shore. I lacked any knowledge about shopping on the islands and counted on Kyle to honestly guide me. Unfortunately, looking back I think I was conned more by Kyle than the natives. Kyle hyped the "Savvy Traveler" coupon book. Only 25 to sell, must have, get free ruby etc. I am mad at myself for falling for the hype. The coupon book may save you money but first you must be in the market for high end jewelery. Otherwise you will just waste your money ($25) and time( running around collecting free trinkets). Jamaica- We chose to skip the excursions and venture out on our own. After wasting time shopping, we hired Richie, a cab driver,($40) who took us to the craft market and later Dunn's Falls. Richie stayed with us the entire afternoon making sure no one bothered us at the craft market and followed us up the falls, taking pictures as we went. We had the opportunity to talk with him about life in his country. He had lived in the US (Miami and NY) for several years. Would make the same choice again. Grand Cayman- Due to Hurricane Felix we were rerouted to Nassau RC went out of their way to offer excursions and an opportunity for us to chase the sunshine and visit another port. Nassau - Again we skipped the excursions. We chose instead to rent a motor scooter. We drove across the bridge and walked around Atlantis. Returned and found a little beach on West Bay and went swimming. Then did a little shopping. Again high end jewelry/watches is the item most available. Disembarkation - Again considering the number of people that had to get off the process went smoothly. All in all I would recommend this ship.

Enchantment of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisebooker

Grand Cayman- Due to Hurricane Felix we were rerouted to Nassau
All in all I would recommend this ship.
cruisebooker’s Full Rating Summary