• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2007
Cabin:
Traveled with children

What a trip!! The scenery was incredible and the weather was mostly fantastic! Now I have 338 pictures to download and that is from only my camera! Onto the trip report:

We arrived in Seattle on Wed the 18th and stayed at the SeaTac Sleep Inn for two nights- nice hotel, okay breakfast, free shuttle to airport and one computer for guests to use. Took Shuttle to airport where we caught a city bus and headed off to the Woodland Zoo. Had a great time at the zoo and took a bus to Pike's Market after that. Took Shuttle Express back to Hotel ($7/pp one way)- great weather- Pike's Market was incredible but avoid eating at Kell's Irish pub (UGH!! Worst food and service EVER!)

On Friday we took the Seattle Express from the hotel to the terminal ($10 pp- kids $5)got 10:00 shuttle and we were at the terminal by 10:45. Check in could have been a breeze but the kid I got behind the counter didn't know his ass from his elbow and it totally confused him having to check us in and my kids in the adjoining cabin- so 30 minutes later (!) we were done and waiting to be called by group onto the ship (when I started the process they were handing out tickets for group 3, by the time I was done - I barely got the last ticket for group 5)- but I never saw a buildup of a line so that was good! Onto the ship where they take an ID picture and of course the requisite welcome to the cruise snap. Once onboard they directed me over to the kids table (I have 3 kids ages 3,7,and 10) where they got their emergency bracelets with what muster station we were at so if there was an emergency, they could be brought to that station. Got the kids schedule for that day and off we went to lunch. We expected something simple like burgers or dogs for the first day- but there was a full buffet at the Windjammer! What we didn't know was once you were through with the first line (which was though was all there was) there were several other stations (that had even better food) in the back! We found out it was like this for all meals there. We drank mainly the free lemonade, water and ice tea (all which were fine for us). Depending on where you sat, sometimes a waiter would come by with refills, but that was not consistent. By the time we finished lunch our cabins were ready and we went to find them- Cozy and intimate is a good word to use for these two inside cabins (4061, 4063). We found lots of storage space, so we really didn't have any problems with unpacking everything. We found a lovely gift from our travel agent (Brownell Travel) and we were thrilled with the surprise!! My mom got one too even though I was the one who had done all the booking and stuff. The parents had an outside cabin (3050) that was a smidge bigger than ours- Our cabin steward (eva) was nice. The rest of the day was spent with touring the ship, going to dinner (we were at a table for 11 and the other 4 people there were absolutely lovely- we really lucked out!) and seeing the Adventure Ocean (AO) (or "my clubhouse" as my 3 year old called it). The show that night was just one show for both seatings with a great comedian- Kevin Jordan- he was terrific!! The weather that day was terrible so we didn't go on deck for the sailing- and the muster drill was every bit as amusing as you think with all these people dressed in big orange floatation devices- and it felt quite long as well (but all for safety!)

previous reviewnext review