3. Coral Princess
This was my 6th Alaska cruise and NO ONE can spoil this cruise. This time it was a family reunion of adults ranging in age from 40 to 85. I used an internet agency that I explicitly trust to book the cruise. We flew to Whittier because it is easier to get the long flight over first. I used Princess to book the flights and that was a mistake. My traveling party had 2 disabled and we were split up all over the plane, none close to the front. EMBARKATION: We were the last onboard and there were no wheelchairs for the disabled (includes me). The 6 cabins were not in a row as booked and confirmed. Got an excuse 4 days later that made no sense but Passenger Services onboard tried and that matters. CABINS: The cabins are very small compared to other lines. No seating area or table to enjoy your morning coffee. The shower was built for an 80 lb. pygmy. You couldn't even turn around in the bathroom. AWFUL!! Lots of space wasted on a huge closet area that experienced travelers would never use. The balcony was wonderful as usual. NEVER cruise Alaska without a balcony stateroom. You will miss the splendor of Alaska. Our cabin steward did the minimum. I had to ask her to vacuum! Ice didn't appear as I asked and my soda order was not submitted as asked. No extra tip here!! Princess needs to get with the rest of the industry and upgrade their beds and pillows. FOOD: The food in the dining room is excellent. We had a head waiter since Princess stuffed 12 people at a table for 10. Nicolu was superior as you would expect. He didn't even push the cookbook and I had to ask since I collect them. The buffet was mediocre at best. The food was hot but a small variety. There were more raw fruits and veggies than hot food. You had to PAY FOR ice cream. Also, plain coffee and tea everywhere but with a meal. Omelets not as ordered, awful french toast, just overall the worst food at sea. Many of the food serving crew did NOT speak English. I asked one young man in his language and he said a few words but not a lot. ACTIVITIES: Superb selection for all ages. I was sorry the naturalist was not on board for the entire trip as on Carnival and HA. I missed her pointing out wildlife, high points on shore and history. The scenery and shore excursions are MAGNIFICENT! DISEMBARKATION: The Canadians do a great job in Vancouver. We used a new program for some US airlines where your airline boarding passes are given to you onboard and your bags checked from the ship to home. WHAT A HUGE HELP!!! Customs clearance is a breeze. Like I said, You Can't Mess Up an Alaska cruise even thought Princess tried very hard to do so. I will never book on Princess again.

Coral Princess - Alaska