3. Celebrity Millennium
Overall cruise was fantastic and would repeat in a minute. Ship and its crew were great. As with many ships the public areas get worn and could use more frequent updating. I usually don't let this get to me. Embarkation in Venice was smooth and disembarkation in Barcelona was amazingly efficient. We were told to expect 30 to 45 minutes to disembark but found ourselves on the curb 15 minutes after being dismissed (which was right to the minute of when scheduled). With exchange rate hedging the ships excursions seemed to consistently be overpriced. We elected to do all our own arrangements for some substantial savings. The entertainment was of high quality but seemed to lean to much toward an opera based crowd. Heard Phantom of the Opera three times in one cruise which was a bit much. Including an opera singer from Australia who was quite self impressed and spent more time talking than singing. Since he consistently was off key from the band I guess less was better. The dancers and aerobatic group were astonishing considering this was said to be their first chance to perform as a group. Food was well prepared and presented. I know of some who wanted (or expected) more gourmet selections based on Celebrity's reputation but for me it was done well. I have had some gourmet which goes over the top and when you get you selection it neither looks nor tastes like you would expect when you selected it. Maybe a dish or two of such would be a trade off to please both sides. The cruise director Derrick was from Canada and was one of the better I had seen in our 12 cruises. Was upbeat and visible. I as well like the fact Celebrity does not go overboard on announcements compared to some other lines. I go to relax and not be constantly trying to talk over background chatter about art auctions and bingo. If I want to know what to do or where to go the daily planner has all I need to know.

Celebrity Millennium - Eastern Mediterranean