3. Navigator of the Seas
Entered Southampton dock gate 8 at 2.45 dropped of luggage parked car on board by 3.20. I think they started embarkation about noon or even before. Long stay car parking you enter by dock gate 8 other pax enter by dock gate 10 but if you walk to cruise terminal and quite a few people did then they would only let you in through dock gate 8 met someone who had to walk from gate 10 to 8 they were not happy. At end of cruise everyone leaves by gate 10. Cannot say it was the best cruise I'd been on mainly because everywhere was so crowded, I expect the ship was designed for the sun so when pax are not on deck the bars and the Windjammer cafe crowded. Cruise did not get off to a smooth start, cabin steward did not put a copy of Cruise Compass in cabin so had no idea of time for muster or evening entertainment. I eventually met the cabin steward about 7pm ask if I could have a copy of the Cruise Compass he then informs me he wants to `do` the room, found this a bit strange as I was going to get ready for Dinner, shower etc. On the second day he also wanted to do the room at about 7, I then realized he thought I was on first sitting explained this was not the case and no more problems. Thought muster quick and smooth. Dinner first night I had requested a table for 8 or 10 but ended up on one for 4 but only me and an elderly couple explained to head waiter and was transferred second night to a table for 10, pleasant enough people. Bfast/lunch Windjammer busy few seats but no real queuing good choice of food but had to hunt around for my selection, oh and to run out of Baked Beans for Bfast on last two days, unforgivable. Being a solo cruiser Lunch turned into musical chairs, starter on one table go for main my starter plates cleared someone in seat so found another, go for sweet same again, then coffee same again, you have to laugh. Didn't enjoy dinners in the Dining room table companions were OK I suppose, but service was oh so slow. Went to Windjammers last 3 nights what a difference to Bfast/lunch such a relaxed atmosphere and no one took my seat, I also though more choice and potatoes & vegetables, in the Dining room our table virtually had to beg for veg, could not believe first night had the chicken breast came with sauce and ONE piece of Broccoli. Thought that all the food was tasty and really enjoyed the ham cheese and tomato croissants in the Cafe Promenade. The incident at Stavanger..... Got off early when I came back they had to move the ship a few feet forward so a short wait no problem but I had just entered the ship loud crash and the gangway fell to the ground behind me luckily no one injured especially me. Enjoyed the experience of a big ship but think 3000+ pax too many for me. Left ship 8.30 on time very smooth operation, found luggage but took a while as was light blue which was far end row but row not marked.

Navigator of the Seas - Northern Europe

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by T4TC

Thought muster quick and smooth.
Enjoyed the experience of a big ship but think 3000+ pax too many for me.
T4TC’s Full Rating Summary