3. Crown Princess
This was our 4th cruise: 2 on Celebrity, 1 on Holland America, now Princess Embarkation: long lines, arrived at pier at 2 pm; did not get on ship until after 3 pm. Food: Buffet is unimaginative, repetitive, small and okay. No trays - just large, hot plates so you it is difficult to get an entree and then a sailed bowl or fruit bowl, etc. that would be easier if you used a tray. No one helps you find a table. Food quality and taste is good. Dining Room: We ate breakfast and dinner in dining room. Service is uneven. Breakfast waiters seemed annoyed and abrupt for the most part. However, our dinner waiter and assistant were fun, expert, and pleasant. Cabin: We had outside cabin with balcony. Room was very nice, roomy. Lack of dresser drawers was remarkable. The shower is ridiculously small - Twiggy wouldn't fit comfortably in it. Our cabin steward made sure we had extra towels at all times. Cabin was also immaculate. Pool areas: We sat at the Calypso pool on the main deck. The Neptune pool has movies going all day and the noise level is unbearable. We were rarely approached by waiters for drink orders. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or if I'm insulted. Very crowded. BIGGEST COMPLAINT: NO TOWEL BIN. YOU GET 2 POOL TOWELS IN YOUR ROOM AND WHEN YOU GET THEM WET AT THE POOL, TOO BAD. NO EXTRAS IN SIGHT. I CONSIDER THIS A DEALBREAKER. The charge for ice cream at the pool is an insult on a cruise line of this reputation. Both the towel and ice cream items are cheap moves. Movies under the Stars: really good idea executed poorly - very hard to hear. Chaise covers, blankets & popcorn - very nice touches. Excursions - very poor - we went on 2, canceled the rest and went ourselves; cheaper and better that way. Staff on ship were argumentative regarding the problems we encountered on excursions (driver did not show up - beaches closed, etc. - not small complaints). Entertainment - we saw one show because they were not scheduled around dinner. For instance on the other cruises we were on, there would be an early show for the late diners, a late show for the early diners. On Princess they just had a show at a time - if you were eating dinner then, too bad. We missed the marriage game (a favorite on all our cruises) and others too. My husband won $40 in the Casino so I'll give that an A+. Spa Service - had a massage which I had been looking forward to for about 6 months. It was ok and the masseuse tried to sell me products the entire time and when I did not purchase anything, she was outwardly annoyed. This ship is extremely large and not laid out logically. Access to floors just end & to get to something beyond that point, you have to go up or down a floor, walk to another set of elevators, and then go back to the floor. Also, public bathrooms are far apart - a ship this size needs way more of them. At the pool, we had to walk through 2 pools and the buffet area to get to a bathroom. I know this sounds like a lot of complaints but because we had beautiful weather and were with wonderful friends, we had a great time. I would really think twice before taking another Princess cruise, though.

Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Shelly

This was our 4th cruise: 2 on Celebrity, 1 on Holland America, now Princess
Very crowded.
My husband won $40 in the Casino so I'll give that an A+.
Shelly’s Full Rating Summary