• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Apr 2007
Cabin:
Traveled with children

This was my fifth cruise - third with Royal Caribbean - and after a not-so-wonderful cruise with Sovereign, my faith in RCCL has been restored!

Embarkation- Trouble getting the bus transfer. We waited over an hour at the bus stop thing at the airport, in the freezing cold, to catch the bus. However, embarkation itself was very smooth - no wait in lines!

Food-The answer is....it depends. Some things in the Windjammer unnerved me a little bit ---smoked salmon in every form, I swear it was leftover from breakfast the day prior. And vegetable curry? I love the stuff, but was it fresh daily, or the same batch??? Yikes. And the dessert police, too....somewhat of a bummer. However, the dinners in the dining room were surprisingly good with the exception of the infamous steak and some broiled cod thing I had. The duck, the escargot, the shrimp cocktail, and some beef thing my honey had on formal night were all wonderful and quite a surprise. Hey, the wings offered by room service (not the ones at snacktime) were pretty good too!

previous reviewnext review