3. Emerald Princess
We just got back from a week long cruise to Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. We booked our cruise late (Tuesday before sailing on Sunday). Had a nice cabin, we were upgraded from a cabin with obstructed view to cabin with view. The three Princess ships we have been on do not have couches. Only seat other than bed is desk chair which when pulled out seemed to be in the way. Our cabin always felt a little warm to us. We bought a small clip on fan with us to help dry our workout gear and diving gear. At night we set up the fan to blow over the bed and that made life much more tolerable. During the day we set up the fan to blow over stuff hanging in head and on the door to the head. During the check in they put the sticker for the soda card on the wrong cruise card (mine instead of hers). Told them it was wrong and was told they had to fix on board. Went to guest services and the lady was perplexed as to fix this problem. Told her to peel it off and put on my wife's card.. I did not want to do it because if the sticker got damaged I did not want to have to pay again. She got the sticker on the right card after consulting with the supervisor. This is the first time we have checked in early (before noon) and were allowed to board before noon (11:45). As we were getting on board everyone (crew & terminal personnel) said to get some lunch. So we dropped off our carry on luggage we went in search of something to eat. Tried the burger grill and told to come back in half an hour. Found one side of the Horizons buffet open and two separate lines to get in. The gate keeper to the buffet was overwhelmed. All she is used to doing is saying please sanitize your hands. They needed crowd control there. Then once we got into the food area the selections was very limited. Food was cold and not very good. We went to someplace where they were selling the soda card to get my wife's cup. They sent us on our way telling us we had to get the cup from Guest Services because we pre paid for the card. On the way back to the cabin we stopped at Guest Services to find out about the soda cup. We were told to wait until after 4pm. It was only 1pm at this time. I asked about my pre-paid coffee card. I was told we have to check with steward. We went and wondered about and decided to go to the gym for a walk on the treadmill. Well the belts on the treadmills slipped with every other step. Not too good. The ellipticals were great. Good workout. Came back and took a shower. By this time was after 4 so we check on the soda cup and the steward told us to go to guest services. Guest services told us to check with steward. GRRRRR!!!!! Finally my wife got a hold of the hotel manager and he delivered the cup himself. Dinner that night was good not great. Overall I would say the ship was clean and they were taking care of the rust bubbles. Disappointed that they did not have a chef's table. It is not widely advertised and the price is steep compared to Carnival. But each person gets a $28 cookbook which for a couple would be over kill. Why would a couple need two of the same cookbook. Also disappointed in the big promotion for Chocolate Journey. This was a joke. They had a couple of deserts. One desert in the Crown Grill stated in the description the base was developed by Norman Love. Really, all that promotion for the base of a desert? I believe one night they had a desert in the main dining room that was part of the chocolate journey. I'm talking they promote this "Chocolate Journey" on tv, brochures left on your pillow, everywhere it was promoted. They describe a cooking demo developed by "Norman Love" and they only have it on one or two of the ships. In the past we have always had personnel to recommend for the Consummate Host program and this time we did not feel there was on person deserving of the recommendation. For some reason, Princess Cruises charge more for there excursions than Carnival. One dive excursion was $40 more than what Carnival charges. My wife used shoreexcursioneer.com for an excursion and it was $3 more for an extra hour tour than what the Princess offered. I was going to book a dive excursion in Belize with them but did not feel comfortable flying in a small plane after diving yet. But it was $50 cheaper than the one Princess offered. Will do next time. Entertainment on the cruise was lacking. We enjoy the production shows. The last three nights they did not have one. They brought in a ventriloquist. We were told the shows were great but not our cup of tea. We don't understand why they did not have shows. The cast was still onbaord but nothing. Also the Friday after all the port calls we found there was not a lot to do. For the first time on a cruise we got board. Spent a lot of time playing cribbage.

Emerald Princess and Princess Cruises Chocolate Journey Disappointment

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by ilikenola

We just got back from a week long cruise to Cozumel, Roatan and Belize.
Dinner that night was good not great.
ilikenola’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Cabin P307
Our cabin was ok.  Princess does not have a couch in the cabins we have had. The only place to sit was the bed or a desk chair which when pulled out is in the way. Our steward was not very good. I know this is a small thing but we did not have a name tag on our room. On the morning of the second day I told the steward bout it for the second time. That afternoon we still did not have a name tag and I told guest services and finally it showed up. Again, I know it is a small thing. Our cabin was not vacuumed often. The duvet had a stain on it. I don't expect perfection but I do expect the cabin to be vacuumed and the duvet not to have stains. Also on the Tuesday we booked the room we requested nightstands without lamps bolted to them because of the C-Pap machines we have. I did not get a reply until the Thursday after we sailed. There must be a better way. I took my tools I bring for diving out and unbolted the lamp on the left side of the bed for my wife's machine. There were plenty of 110v plugs especially since I brought a power strip, a three way plug and extension cord. This is a necessity.
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans

• Scuba
    I booked this with the cruise line and requested a 100cuft tank. I go through my air quickly so a bigger tank is much better. We dove with Dive House. Not a bad outfit, great dive masters. As far as things to see this was the best we dove on. There was plenty of wildlife. Turtles, nurse shark, eels, groupers, lobsters....etc.My wife took a separate excursion and I don't know enough about what she did to comment about it.
  • Scuba Diving
    This is my second time diving with Anthony's Key Resort. I did a beginner's dive here last November from a Carnival cruise. This is a great dive shop. They had the 100cuft tank I requested. Nice diving water temp was 80-82F. I did not use a wet suit on any dive. I like to be a little chilled so it was perfect for me. Stuff to see but not as much as Cozumel. Turtles, groupers, eels, barracudas were seen by most divers.
    View All 39 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Scuba Diving
    Long boat ride for this diving excursion. They pick you up from the anchored ship and you go to the resort. Load the gear and another 30 min. boat ride. Back to the resort for a surface interval and jam bottles and back out. Dive again, go back to the resort and wait 30 min. to leave to go back to the ship. Diving was pretty but not as much as Cozumel. The personnel were FANTASTIC. They took care of all your gear if you let them. I take care of my own gear so that is that. This is the port my wife took her excursion from shoreexcursioneer.com and she enjoyed it.
    View All 14 Scuba Diving Reviews