3. Carnival Miracle
Review on the under 2 years old restrictions for Camp Carnival: My family of three just did the Los Angeles - Puerto Vallarta - Cabo San Lucas - Los Angeles trip in March 2015 on Carnival Miracle. We travelled with our almost 2 year old (just shy of 2 year birthday in April 2015). Unfortunately we did not know that Carnival has restrictions on the age and could not accommodate in allowing our son to participate in Camp Carnival in the 2 to 5 year old group. The activities seemed like they would have been a lot of fun. We were able to participate in some of the activities - first night was a family dance night in the Frankenstein Nightclub which was fun as the dance floor lit up and my son danced and ran around catching the balloons while the other older kids danced. I believe that activity was about 45 minutes. The last group activity we participated in was to watch the younger aged group kid's talent show - it was fun for my son to see the older kids do things like dance, say jokes, etc. On the 3 sea days, we took advantage of going to the play room with my son from 8am to 10am. This was the only time my son (at under 2 years) was allowed to play there with parental supervision, but they also opened the play room to under 2's during two build a bear days, one of which we participated in building a bear. The "babysitting" times were only from 10pm to 1am which really is inconvenient because most babies / toddlers are sleeping by 10pm anyway. We did this twice and went to a 10:15pm show at the Phantom Theatre but it was a struggle for me to stay up that late having had to entertain our son all day long. The camp counselors watching the kids were very nice and sweet. Although my son was not able to participate in the camp, they all enjoyed seeing him and he seemed to like them very much having spent sometime with them in the morning and at night for the babysitting. They were all looking forward to having him in the camp once he turns two years old - so we will definitely put him in the camp next year. Food The buffet food was okay, not the greatest buffet we have experienced in Carnival and other cruise ships. The food in the dining area was much better but again struggled to fully enjoy the food when you are entertaining your toddler at the dinner table. The servers were very good, nice and accommodating to us and our toddler. One waiter made an origami frog for our son which he played with for a bit. My son loved their chicken nuggets. The mac n cheese was the best we ever had. Brunch was very good as well and better than the buffet. Entertainment It was strange but we felt that the ship didn't really inform the passengers on the shows other than in the fun times flyer. The two shows we saw were okay but my husband saw the Comedy Hypnotism show and said it was the best show he has seen. I was just too tired to go to it due to lack of proper babysitting hours. Pools / Waterslide / and other kids activities. The pools were cold but the temperature was more tolerable when we were in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. The baby pool on the upper deck was a joke. It didn't seem safe for babies as there was a pipe sticking straight out of the pool and there was black sediment floating in the water - completely frustrating when you already can't do much with your under two year old. The water slide looked really old and most people on the waterslide were scooting down and not really sliding down. The hot tubs were always filled with kids. The mini golf was nice and never really crowded. There was a decent basketball court. The arcade was okay (but note we overheard a parent ask their kid at the end of the trip how he spent $90 in arcade games...not sure if there is a way to make your kid's Sail & Sign card to have a pre-determined amount on it so they do not overspend). Spa The spa area was very nice. The gym looked very nice as well. Hot tub in the spa had no kids which was nice, but could have been hotter. Sauna and steam room were free and very nice. Locker rooms were very nice and clean. Take advantage of this. I had a very nice spa treatment on one of the port deals they provided. My son and husband got hair cuts in the salon on one of the elegant dining nights for pictures. My husbands was $35 with a shampoo and our son's was $25 straight cut. Embarkation and Disembarkation, long lines and a long wait for both. In the future I will splurge and purchase express boarding for $50.00.

Good time but not great with an under 2 year old

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by LAcruzers

Review on the under 2 years old restrictions for Camp Carnival:
Food
Pools / Waterslide / and other kids activities.
Spa

LAcruzers’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B 5-136
RoomWe were in 5-136 (balcony) room and our steward Edwin was excellent and very accommodating. The room was right at the entrance to the elevators. I thought we would hear a lot of noise but surprisingly we did not hear noise in the hallways or our neighbors. It was a solidly quiet room. We had a nice size balcony with two chairs and a small side table. Very comfortable king size bed. A sofa which we turned into our toddlers bed which he slept in all night long. Plenty of storage for our clothes with 3 closets and 3 available drawers. Also had plenty of shelving in the bathroom. Bathroom itself was a bit outdated but it was clean and nice shower pressure. Don't expect to take a hot shower until Day 2 because it took awhile for the hot water to push through the pipes. RECOMMENDATION - you are allowed to bring onboard with you - Wine, Champagne and Soda / Water Bottles. We did not know that. However, we purchased a 5 wine bottle package onboard for $114 and were able to pick up bottles at our leisure at any bar on the ship. There is a fridge in the room where you can store a bottle of wine but the fridge was already filled with sodas and liquor, etc.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Beach
    We did a beach break in Playa de Muertos / Playa de Sol. It was a very nice beach and we were in a hotel / restaurant area where we had chairs and sun umbrella. The excursion was $30 for my husband and I - total $60. My son was free. We had a bus that took us to and from the boat to this beach which was a bit further from the town center. Honestly, we could have just paid for a taxi to go to the beach. There was plenty of taxis as you get out of the port and you can just tell them to take you to this beach. Should cost around $6 - $10 USD. Very frustrating to have paid so much to simply sit on the beach and pay for our drinks anyway. Note, you will get hassled by vendors selling you things on the beach but just tell them no thank you. Its just frustrating because you are having to say no thank you every 5 minutes...
  • Medano Beach
    It was an okay tour and Lover's Beach was closed so we just went by it for some pictures. Then the boat dropped us off at Medano Beach. We found a restaurant with lounge chairs and umbrella and ordered food / drinks. The boat ride was $40 for our family - we now think that was overpriced. Our boat ride would have brought us back to the cruise ship port but we decided to walk it. It was a bit of a walk (may 30 minutes back) but it was nice to stretch our legs and it was nice to see more of the area. It was a safe walk back. Again, next time we will take a taxi or even just walk to the beach and back. Spend that $40 towards our food and drinks instead of an okay boat ride.
    View All 6 Medano Beach Reviews
  • The Arch (El Arco) & Lover's Beach
    This was closed so we were only able to see it from the boat.
    View All 31 The Arch (El Arco) & Lover's Beach Reviews