3. Pacific Dawn
We went on a short cruise to visit friends of ours who live near Newcastle. It was a short four night cruise, but the cost worked out cheaper in comparison to flying there for all of us etc. Anyhow I had not been on the ship since its last refurbishment and must say I was very pleasantly surprised in what I saw. Especially the LIDO deck. The new furniture, the big hammocks and lounges just make this place a great area to hang out. Pleasantly too that often a hammock was still available or would become available. They have also changed their smoking policy again. I do not smoke but heard many smokers complain that they had removed smoking from the LIDO deck. Smokers can now smoke again on Deck 12 LIDO but only forward starboard side. Waterfront Restaurant has also undergone changes and you now have varieties of tables and seating ie there are some high set tables now vs the normal dining tables and chairs.The decor has also changed. We traveled in an inside cabin deck 9 aft. The cabin was fine and my wife loves the space P&O ships have, there is a lot of hanging and storage space. They have also included the Edge activities now and you so many passengers ziplining or doing other activities. You do have to pay for these which is a shame, I would like to see them included in the fare, but they do use professional staff for a lot of the activities. Food was great we mainly dinned at the waterfront and on a few occasions at the buffet. We had high tee once for$20ea. in the Salt Grill. Certainly an experience and more than enough sweets and little sandwiches and a glass of champagne. Kids club like always was great, We had one in Turtle cove and one in Shark Shack. Embarkation and Debarkation went very smooth with no hiccups. Cabin was cleaned well and steward was friendly and attentive. They had three production shows and a hypnotist. I like the production show and they actually had three sessions per evening so sufficient seats were available. Overall a wonderful experience. .

Short Cruise on Revitalised Pacific Dawn

Pacific Dawn Cruise Review by AU76

Overall a wonderful experience. .
AU76’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get P&O Australia Pacific Dawn price drops

good inside cabin for 4 pax, sufficient storage, very quiet.