• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2015
Cabin:

We had such a good cruise last year we decided to go again & see what would be different with the ship fuller. DH wanted to wait for a 2 for 1 deal but I wouldn't take a chance on not getting an XE cabin again so booked in July through my TA who got us a package with Air Transat which included a nice little ( 2 of 4 different type drinks each) free drink package. We decided to embark again in Jamaica as it's easier & would allow us a full day in Havana to see what we missed last time. We flew in the same day which was a little scary coming from Toronto in Feb. but worked out okay. I must say those AIr Transat seats were the smallest I've had. I don't remember the A/C Rouge ones being that tight but maybe the pound or 2 I gained over the year made the difference.:-)

Here is last year's review:http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=249972

in case you're interested.

Cabin XE

We really like this cabin category as it's quite spacious with a large window, a sofa, small fridge & cupboards for your clothes unlike the obstructed view cabin we saw. The location is handy to the stairs/elevators.

Port Reviews

Havana

We'd been on a tour of Havana in 1995 & last year did a walking tour & the Tropicana so this time just walked around to the various Squares. San Francisco Square is right across the street from the cruise terminal so we began there.There was a display of Bears from around the World, so we had to find the Canadian & German ones. No German one under G or D but finally found it under A for Allemagne. We went over to Cathedral Square next, my favourite one. There is a postal slot there that resembles the "Mouth of Truth" in Rome so I mailed my post cards to the kids which btw have not arrived yet.Came upon Ambos Mundos so went up to the roof top patio & had a drink overlooking the sights of Havana. You could see our ship from there. Took a tumble in the lobby by the elevator when I missed 2 steps so pay attention.Went to another square in the opposite direction where there's a nice Church & the statue of the lady riding the rooster. Thanks to Liz54 for the great directionsfound on post 1702.It was very hot walking around there so we headed back to the ship & never did go back out to take the HOHO bus as I'd planned.

1 Helpful Vote