3. Disney Magic
I knew what to expect of Disney after our 3-night trip on the Dream in January, but I could not have believed that the Magic would find its way into our hearts as our second home! Embarcation was a breeze, we arrived at the port about 1pm and walked right onto the ship. We killed 30 minutes and were in our stateroom (7616) by 1:30pm. After stopping to make Palo bunch reservations, getting tickets to the martini tasting, and asking to have a table for two, we made our way deck 9 to have a late lunch. Our luggage arrived shortly after we ate and after the muster drill we made our way to the deck party. At dinner (late seating) we were pleasantly surprised that our table request was granted and we had a table for two at table 67. Our dinning team was was Pedro and Avril (of Paraguay and St. Lucia), they were beyond amazing and I hope we see them again! Our room host was Lyon from India and he took great care of the room. Even though the Magic is Disney's oldest ship, they take great care of her and you need to look really close to see her age. The Magic is noticeable smaller than the Dream, but the only time we felt cramped were in the tiny lifts. The evening shows were typically Disney good, their show Dreams is the highest rated show at sea and I can see why. We even got to watch Cinderella one evening, a nice touch to save us from going to the theater when we got back home. The adult life on the ship was considerably more lively than I expected, much to the credit of the adult activity cruise director Jo. Our favorite bar was Keys, Claudette and Tim make killer martinis and each night there is live piano to keep the atmosphere light. Quiet Cove is the adult only pool and it there was always a crowd, but chairs were easy to find. Quiet Cove Cafe is the speciality coffee bar, the drinks do come with a fee but be sure to get the punch card for buy 5 get 1 free. The rainforest room was nice, but not something we'd probably do again. It seems to be a bit dated with two showers, three saunas and four heated tile chairs. We were in a category 5B Oceanview Stateroom with a Verandah. The room as located aft starboard side and I have booked the room for our next trip on the Magic in 2016. We loved the location as it made getting around very easy being a few steps from the aft stairs and lifts. Commodore Tom was the captain while we were on the Magic. He made a few appearances throughout the cruise, with photos formal night and a signing one of the sea days. Brent from Australia was our cruise director and he did so much that he lost his voice and the ACD Trent (from Australia as well) had to take over making the announcements. Overral, I would say this was a fantastic cruise with weather so perfect the crew and cast members were amazed. I would and do recommend the Magic to all my friends and would encourage everyone to experience this ship at least once.

Even better than our first Disney cruise!

Disney Magic Cruise Review by msidescooter

msidescooter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Magic price drops

The location of the room is ideal for us, just a few steps from the aft stairs and lifts. The room is on the starboard side, so there is an amazing view while at Castaway Cay. For two adults, there is plenty of space and storage is not an issue.
  Disney Magic Deck Plans

• Island Tour
    Grand Cayman is a very nice island and I'm glad we took the tour. We booked an tour which did a quick stop at 7-mile beach, the governors mansion, a few minutes at Hell, and a hour or so at the turtle farm. The turtle farm was the best part, we enjoyed playing with the baby turtles, although at first they tried telling us no photos, but then told us we could move farther down and pick up our own turtles to take photos with. The tour guide was a bit negative about the development occurring on the island, but we mostly tuned him out as we looked at the sights. On our way back to the ship we got some rum cakes and samples of rum; we're looking forward to these to remind us about our trip on rainy days.
    View All 190 Island Tour Reviews
  • Scuba
    Cozumel is a beautiful island but it has been developed for tourist. We booked a SCUBA dive through an independent tour operator and had an amazing time!
  • Castaway Cay
    We started out our day doing the Castaway Cay 5k, I'm not a runner by any means but it was was a great feeling to accomplish the fun run after eating Disney's amazing food for the last week. The next time we're on the island I plan to do it again and to have my time improved dramatically!Just like the cruise, the weather for the island was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. We saw crew all over the island taking their own photos because a day that perfect had not occurred in so long. We made really good friends with the photographers and they were out taking photos of the ship for marketing to take advantage of the perfect weather. We spend the majority of the afternoon relaxing on the adult beach, wading around the water, viewing the sea life, etc. If visiting the perfect island is on your bucket list, Castaway Cay is the way to go.
    View All 456 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews