3. Splendour of the Seas
Our experience with Royal Caribbean and the Splendour of the Seas was impressive given it was our first cruise. I have traveled to Europe a number of times but doing so on a ship was the best given you unpack once and you have a floating hotel. The best part was the ship and its crew. We never had any issue with personnel. They were always very helpful and accommodating. They always went out of their way when we asked for anything. The captain of the waiters we made friends with and he was always personable and great to see and shared some jokes with. The food was always gourmet and if something wasn't quite right, like a steak overdone or otherwise, they were very happy to accommodate us. The main restaurant (King & I) was the best for food. Although the buffet in the Windjammer was very good especially for breakfast offering many selections. And it was quick and plentiful. One benefit that the ship offered the night before were the programs on the destination we were about to visit. Lots of good info about the culture and areas we visited. We even won a door prize which we cashed in for a leather jacket at the Turkish bazaar. The weather for October was perfect. It was some what cool in the morning in the northern cities and very warm in Turkey. Nonetheless, it was for the most part perfect weather. There was no stopping the entertainment. Something was always going on whether it was bands playing music in different parts of the ship or the main theater which hosted Broadway like performances. Our room 7085 was for three and it was plenty big even though it was a room without a view, we could always turn on the flat screen TV and see a live video of the outside. I especially liked the bathroom shower since the water flow was fast and intense if I wanted it that way. It was also very roomy for storage. There was plenty of space to unload our bags and toiletries. We appreciated the woman who always made our bed. We would also make animals out of towels and one night we were greeted by a Bat on a hanger with my sunglasses which was impressive. I believe they even provided a class on how to make different animals with towels. What was very nice was the visit to the pool bar at the end of a day after a all day tour. They offered a book of drinks you could choose from and have plenty of drinks while watching folks jumping around the pool. The wait time for a drink varied but it was always reasonable And if you didn't want to stay outside, there was pool for adults indoors which was excellent. The ship was not a super sized ship but it was very comfortable to stay on and board every day with minimal delay. Overall i would recommend this ship to anyone. And I would go on again if the opportunity came about. it was relaxing and added entertainment during the cruise and to our touring at the sites we visited. I would recommend it to couples and families with older children. All of the stops were great. And don't miss Santorini, Greece and Venice, Italy. We can't wait till our next cruise on the Serenade of the Seas visiting the European Baltic states.

1st Cruise and WOW!