3. Volendam
I just backed my cruising from Hong Kong-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand-Singapore for 15 days by m/s Volendam-Holland America Line. This is my first time for Holland America Line. So, I was so excited before we cruised with Holland American Line. Before that I have experience with Cunnard, Princess and Royal Carribean even Star Cruise. 1. No entertainment all the time even at sea. 2. Cruise Director always disappeared. 3. HAL Cats Band during show time they wouldn't show up on time and one day at poolside show, she said that she felt it's so hot and stop the show immediately and say good bye, Is it professional? 4. Food too salty, not the 4 star standard. 5. All restaurants menu are the same, never changed within 15 days. 6. So many flies flow over the Dining Room until we complaint, 7. Shore excursions are very expenses. 8. No free shuttle buses provided at port, except Cambodia due to Cambodia Tourist Association provided. 9. Visa fee overcharged than the other cruise, such as Vietnam Visa US$65, Princess only charged US$31. Cambodia Visa US$60, the other cruise only charged US$25. 10. Beware of it looks like as mobile cash Debit Machine, everything will charge to your room bill automatically, such as mini bar even you have not consumed. And they have charged me the Thailand Visa Fee(my nationality is no need to appy any visa in Thailand). I have to approach to Front Office to explain what nationality I am, and disputed the mini bar charges. So I have to check my room bill at Front Office daily to avoid they overcharged. 11. Toilet always clog. 12. One day in Vietnam, it was around 28C, The generator was out of order. No air conditioning, No Escalator, No flush water. 13. Sometimes, you need to inform room attendants to refill the amenities. But, the servers of the Lido Restaurant and Rotterdam Dining Room are good. Finally, consider before you take the HOLLAND AMERICA LINES.

UNFORGETABLE CRUISE

Volendam Cruise Review by lawkaupan

• Sail Date: March 2015
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom
1. No entertainment all the time even at sea.
2. Cruise Director always disappeared.
4. Food too salty, not the 4 star standard.
5. All restaurants menu are the same, never changed within 15 days.
6. So many flies flow over the Dining Room until we complaint,
7. Shore excursions are very expenses.
11. Toilet always clog.
13. Sometimes, you need to inform room attendants to refill the amenities.
But, the servers of the Lido Restaurant and Rotterdam Dining Room are good.
Finally, consider before you take the HOLLAND AMERICA LINES.
lawkaupan’s Full Rating Summary