3. Quantum of the Seas
Can't believe all the negative comments on here about this ship. Of course there were some imperfections, but overall, we had a great time doing something that a lot of people can't afford or are given the freedom to do. We are lucky in that regard. Our embarkation was a snap, form curb to ship was @ 15 minutes. By the time we sailed there was a few inches of snow on the pool deck, hilarious ! Less than a day later we were in sunshine and decent temperatures, with fine weather for the remainder of the cruise. Service: No complaints from us, most every staff member seemed pretty happy, greet them with a smile and a hello and they reciprocated in kind... had lots of laughs with room attendants on the 13th deck ! Activities : Never a shortage of things going on, the cruise director, Ken Rush, has been with RCI for over 30 years and he did a very good job on his morning TV show of relaying all the days goings on. Dining : We booked all of our restaurants months prior so had no concerns with this. I have seen a few complaints about Dynamic Dining but for us, it worked out fine. The menus at the included eateries were changed slightly half way thru the cruise so things weren't too stale choice wise. Loved Jamies{ ate there twice} and Chops, excellent service and great food, NOTE: I simply do not understand how poorly dressed some guests are when they dine out. At Chops, everyone was dressed "smart casual" or better. The table next to us had a guy wearing a ball cap, shorts, and a hideous tropical shirt ! Come on man, there IS a dress code. Wish it was enforced some how. Takes all kinds I suppose. Actually saw the same dude wearing the same outfit a couple of days later...hmmmm. The Windjammer was packed at meal times, so we started going to cafe/ 270 in the morning, less food options, but the view is great and it is way quieter. Considering the sheer volume of food produced each day, not too many complaints from us. Probably our mid afternoon fav spot was the Windjammer where they served wonderful trays of warm cookies, one of the more popular spots from what I saw ! Bars : This is where there is bit of a miss for me. Schooner bar was fine, always packed before dinner, Vintages wine bar never seemed very busy and the 270 bar was a good spot but kind of ignored, maybe its location had something do with it. The Bionic bar was a colossal miss from what I saw. More of a novelty than anything else with more spectators than patrons and a DJ playing tunes for empty seats.This is a crying shame because it sits in a prime spot on the ship. Maybe a martini bar with a frozen bar top like there is on the Celebrity Equinox { which was hugely popular} would go over better. My other miss : the $12 drinks that were served for higher end booze ! Grey Goose and tonic for that much, say what ! I'll stick with Absolut, thank you. Entertainment : Hats off to RCI, Momma Mia was a knock out, Sonic Odyssey, ditto. Starwater was a visual, intimate experience at 270. Loved them all. The guest performers they brought in during the cruise were great as well. Most def 2 thumbs up. Excursions : No complaints really, our Barbados beach tour was cancelled due to mechanical issues with the bus, but we had the option to go to a local beach club which turned out great , lovely beach with blue water and white sand, all good. Carlisle beach, I think it was called. Disembarkation : Kind of a mess once we got out to where the cabs and other transport modes were located. All kinds of people waiting, like us, for tour buses , in the freezing cold. Our's was not on time and you had to be rather aggressive to get to your bus. I don't think this this port is set up for 4000 plus disembarking guests, no matter how you stage them on the ship . This is only our 3rd cruise, so we are relative newbies. We enjoy cruising, met some nice folks from other parts of the world{ staff and guests} and enjoyed some sun and warm weather. Can't whine about that too much !

Quantum of the Seas... don't listen to the naysayers

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by crazymoosedog

crazymoosedog’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

Plenty of closet space, comfortable bed, 2 deck chairs and a small table. Worked for us.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans