3. Disney Fantasy
Before I begin, please note that this review is from the perspective of a 27 year old who was traveling with 4 other 25-30 year olds and no children. Embarkation: We arrived at the port around 9am due to taking a red-eye flight from the Northwest and had to wait until 10:15am before they would allow us to enter the port. Once we entered the building, the embarkation process was incredibly fast and easy! There were cast members everywhere to point us to the correct line and answer any questions we might have. Once we checked in and got our 'key to the world' cards, we had another hour or so to wait before embarkation began but there were plenty of activities to occupy our time. There were also many Disney characters around to take photos with. Once we boarded the ship, Cabanas (the buffet on the 11th deck) was set up with plenty of food and the pools/aquaduck were open and available to swim until the cabins were ready which was right around 1:45pm. The checked baggage was delivered relatively quick and all of us had our bags by 3pm. Food: The food was not anything to write home about, but it was tasty. I enjoyed the rotational dining and especially enjoyed having brunch at Palo. The dinner menus consisted on soups, salads, veggies, meat, seafood....really a good variety of everything. We had one person in our party who kept (semi) kosher and the staff did everything they could to ensure that she was able to eat and still keep to her dietary restrictions. Adult Areas: The pool decks were absolutely wonderful! They were quiet, separated from kids, and had plenty of space! There were a number of crew members walking around constantly to ensure that we were not missing out on any beverages, which I took full advantage of! There really is only one real pool for adults, the other one is about 1-2 feet deep so it works for giving you a nice cool down while sun bathing, but not much else. The adult nightlife area on the ship is called Europa and is without a doubt the most incredible group of bars I have ever seen on a ship! I have been on 10 cruises with numerous lines- Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Disney, etc.- and this was by far the best. There are 5 bars in Europa and each has its own decor (with Disney's unbelievable attention to detail), specialty drinks, and theme. Skyline was the one I spent the most time in because the beverages were absolutely delicious and the bartender was FANTASTIC!!!! The other bars- Ooh La La (Champagne bar), O'Gills (Irish pub), La Piazza (Italian Carnivale), and The Tube (English Underground themed dance club)- were all amazing, fun, and had a unique feeling that made you forget you were on a ship. Shows: I had late seating at dinner so I attended the early performances of most of the shows aboard the ship. I enjoyed all of them, but it was difficult watching the Aladdin one since I grew up on that movie and it just doesn’t seem right without Robin Williams as Genie…. But I will say they did a wonderful job of adding humor for all age groups. I especially enjoyed Disney’s Believe. Pirate night was a lot of fun. I couldn’t believe how many people-adults and kids- really got into it- I’m talking full on costume, wigs, makeup….. It was really unbelievable. The early show for pirate night is definitely kid-centric. No adult humor or entertainment whatsoever. However, the later show (the one with the fireworks) was definitely entertaining. Make sure you get a spot on deck 11 for this one, the Aquaduck blocks some of the fireworks if you are trying to view from deck 12. The ports were great-very clean, safe, and fun. We didn’t book any excursions through the ship so I cannot talk about those. We purchased independent shore excursions (food and wine tour in San Juan, Scuba diving in St. Thomas, nothing on Castaway Cay). Since many lines go to San Juan and St. Thomas, I will only talk about Castaway Cay which was wonderful! We spent most of our time on the adult beach which was very quiet but still had character visits. Capt. Jack Sparrow came around for photo-ops, which was nice since the kids pretty much monopolized the characters on the ship. Overall, the only negatives I had were the following: The food could have been better. I enjoyed all of the food, but nothing was amazing or stood out. Although there were a lot of activities for adults, they all seemed to conflict with each other so we couldn’t really do everything we wanted. That’s really it…. Overall, I DEFINITELY recommend the Disney Fantasy.

Disney Fantasy for Adults - Definitely a Win!

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Water lover87

Water lover87’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Our cabin was incredibly spacious- especially for only two of us. The split bathroom was very helpful when getting ready for the day and there was plenty of storage. The cabin was also VERY quiet- no noise from above or below. We had friends in cabin 6618 and were able to open the partition between our two balconies to create one large one. No complaints at all about our cabin.
  Disney Fantasy Deck Plans