3. Carnival Liberty
Please read BEFORE booking Carnival Liberty; I have never written a review before in a lifetime of cruising with pretty much all liners, 35+ in all. After this last cruise I feel it’s justified I write this report for the sake of all future passengers warning about booking Carnival Cruises. We completed two “back to back cruises’’ (14 days) East and West Caribbean in March 2015. My wife and I were warned off using Carnival a few years ago by American past cruisers with Carnival (all hearsay so we ignored the warning and eventually booked with them as we fancied TWO of the ports of call), Big Mistake, unfortunately these were the two ports of call that were called off because of called high winds? The entertainment was very sparse, one professional artist for one show a night only per week, plus a show by the dance group and one show given by the passengers, (that was the best) for the rest of the week nothing except little bands who played for an hour in the casino, they were good but in a casino was the worst place for them, the overall noise of everything going on was horrible. The Exact format of shows and groups for the second week, same people, same songs, same old same. On other ships there is normally a midnight buffet showing off the Chef’s chocolate selection and ice sculptures but not on Carnival Liberty. No sign of the Captain throughout the 14 day cruise, and no chance to meet him or have a picture with him and that went for all his officers. The basics only being provided assumedly to keep the Companies costs down; it’s called Penny Pinching in England. “Everything” is taxed to the hilt, a beer (less than a pint) costs $7 and of course you cannot bring any alcohol aboard in your cases or from ports of call. Its “Compulsory to have your tips taken automatically out of your onboard bill it’s so exorbitant you could have another cruise on the money taken off you for this. Possibly top of the list of problems were the “Buffet” for casual dining, it was Yuck; I’m actually feeling sick as I write about it here. The selection of so called hot food was placed in 6 troughs and out of those 6 you vegetables, gravy, potatoes etc where included, the two choices of meat always seemed to be the same some warmed up rubbish or re-cooked prawns in batter or the like. As for the main dining room it’s stunning, take your camera and take some pictures as you will have plenty of time hanging around, we averaged an hour forty five minutes, the longest a few times was two and a quarter hours so we missed the show that was on. The food though was beautiful. In the mornings breakfast wasn’t too bad as you could get an omelette while you wait in line; the rest of the HOT stuff was cold and tasted like dog food. Play safe and eat the cereals and fruit. As for the ports of call, there was only two we hadn’t been before and ironically they where the two the Captain decided the wind was to strong, first port he missed Roatan maybe but the second port of call Turks and Cacos a ship had just gone in before us same size and berthed ok, the wind that day wouldn’t have blown a feather away. Organised trips as usual a rip off , many complaints from the passengers returning from the trips, in general the ports of call were ok but most there was nothing to do just walk up the street to the shops, never seen a beach the whole trip, unless I was to pay near a $100 for us both to be taken to a beach !! No information was ever given as what Islands we passed or any updates whatever so to get a feel where we were or points of interest. I best not rattle on any longer although I could as I expect you would think I’m just a moaning Minnie, trust me I’m genuine and I want to warn you before you spend your well earned cash as there is better than Carnival Much Better. As for the good news..........Your cruise will finally come to an end.

Read BEFORE Booking Carnival Liberty.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by The Old Cruisers

Please read BEFORE booking Carnival Liberty;
As for the good news..........Your cruise will finally come to an end.

The Old Cruisers’s Full Rating Summary