3. Navigator of the Seas
After going on a Disney cruise two years ago and a Royal Caribbean 5 years ago, I had high expectations. Royal Caribbean disappointed. - Food - Disappointing. On previous cruises on Royal Caribbean & Disney, the food was exceptional. The dinner food was decent, but worse than other cruises. The breakfast in Windjammer was terrible. Royal Caribbean pushed the paid dining - Are they making the free food poor on purpose? I talked to a bunch of people and everyone was disappointed by the food. - I couldn't enjoy the "special" activities on this ship. Ice skating was all booked the last day. The Flowrider and rock wall always had monster lines. - Departure - Leaving was a complete disaster. I booked two rooms next to each other and the two rooms had different departure times. It took forever. Huge lines everywhere. It was impossible to get a porter so I dragged 4 suitcases with my 3 kids in tow. - Service - It was good not great. The automatic "gratuities" may have something to do with it. They should change the $12 gratuity name to a fee because it's not option. - Laundry - Poor that there is no self-service (like Disney) and the bag option took 2 days and 2 of my white shirts were turned green (and later rewashed and I didn't get it back until late on the last day). - Kids Club - My two boys (11 and 9 years old) had an exceptional time in the kids club. They liked this kids club much much better than Disney's from 2 years ago. The activities were engaging and the staff did an amazing job. I also liked that the boys had to participate instead of just playing video games. I was surprised that Royal Caribbean trumped Disney for kids activities but they did for my two sons. - The big pro of Royal Caribbean over Disney is the casino. Playing craps and black jack and other games are options that Disney doesn't offer. I love cruises and this will not be my last cruise. I could have saved 30% by going with Carnival, and I felt like I paid more and got Carnival-like food & service. I'll either save money and go with Carnival next time or pay more and go with Disney for better service & food.

Good Not Great; Poor Food

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by markmatz

markmatz’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin was fine. I liked the sleeping room with Disney better as with Disney we were able to put a curtain across the room to isolate the kids sleeping.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cave-Tubing
    We went on the Dark Night Cave Exploration and Tubing through Royal Caribbean It was during the dry season so the river was low (2-3 feet for the most part). The bus ride is long. 1.5 hours long. My father (~65 years old) and I liked it because our tour guide (Shaid) was very knowledge of the country so we felt like we knew saw much of Belize. My sons (9 & 11) just thought the bus ride was very long. The walk through the jungle was great. We saw many interesting plants/trees. The slow tubing was great and we enjoyed the very dark caves. The lunch was surprisingly really really good, which was an added bonus. It was a long day - Met on the ship at 8am and didn't get back on it until 4:30pm. I highly recommend the excursions as long as you can tolerate the bus ride.
    View All 337 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Ziplining
    Fantastic zip line; super high above the jungle. Low maintenance excursion as the bus ride was a short 15 minutes away, the zip line was 1.5 hours and then we had plenty of time to do other stuff (on or off the boat). The zip lining was amazing!
    View All 171 Ziplining Reviews