• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Carolyn Lanose
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2015
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

It was my 9th cruise and the second with this line. I must say that I found this cruise far more enjoyable in terms of food quality and staff. I base this on the fact that the formal dining food was edible unlike the one we did from Singapore last year where the food was bland and luke warm at best. We found the choices varied and most of the wait staff very accommodating. We had a couple of really outstanding meals there but some of the entree sizes were laughable so I ended up ordering 2 plus a main and salad . I agree with other reviews about the bar service but it was very busy and they were doing their best under the circumstances.

Our cabin steward was extremely discreet but constantly replaced towels and straightened bedding during the day ....basically keeping our small tidy cabin immaculate ... even throwing in a couple of sweet towel animals -we were happy with him.However, the cabin choice 7153 extreme back ...was shocking...never opt for this cabin position...all day and night there was movement like someone was pushing the bedhead back and forward because of the engine vibrating mercilessly 7 floors below us .Noise from Deck 4 in the main conservatory area was unbelievable at night...up until 11pm due to the base players reverberation. Boom Boom Boom..I can only think it would have been 10 times worse if we were in the middle position closer to it. So I guess on this boat you cant win. Entertainment quality...fairly average...some of the guest appearances were most enjoyable especially the comedians.

Keeping fit was a battle....top deck where there was a walking track was very hot even at 7am in the morning ..tried deck 5 ( smokers level ) only to find they had cut off access to the front section so couldnt do a complete circle..I decided that a 5pm timeslot was cooler for this.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin N

Cabin 7153 supposedly a Large Interior... was located at the extreme back ...and was shocking...never opt for this cabin position...all day and night there was movement like someone was pushing the bedhead back and forward because of the engine vibrating mercilessly 7 floors below us .Noise from Deck 4 in the main conservatory area was unbelievable at night...up until 11pm due to the base players reverberation. Boom Boom Boom..I can only think it would have been 10 times worse if we were in the middle position closer to it. So I guess on this boat you cant win.

Port Reviews

Mystery Island

My Favourite : Arrived by tender..walked 2 min in front and then you arrive at a lovely bay for snorkeling.Sand quite course but we sat under a palm tree and relaxed. Bay is full of 1000s of sea slugs but didnt bother us as we snorkeled and didnt have to treat on them. Saw a few coloured fish and long sand cleaners on the ocean floor that we initially thought were snakes but were told later they were thick slugs that didnt move much and totally harmless. Lovely clear and warm waters.Locals arrive early in the morning as the island is not lived on - to sell their wares. You can get hair braided , massages, buy food - someone said they bought half a lobster cooked fresh.. and even go on a speed boat run by the locals for $15 to see the sea turtles. We didnt see any when we went out but others from another boat say they spotted one and so we just swam around the boat..its only another 5 min out from the land and a pleasant little excursion.Later it rained on us but it didnt matter as we were in the water anyway.

Find a Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise from $159