3. Quantum of the Seas
Long before I boarded the Quantum on 1 March, I had heard so many negative comments about the Quantum. Now that my 12 days aboard her have ended, I'm wondering where all the negativity came from. The ship and her crew were awesome...the food better that most other RCI ships that I have sailed, and the shows top-notch. Let's start with check-in. The new terminal is much nicer than the old, however, there is still room for improvement. Once inside, there is very little direction as to where to go and what what to do...and it isn't that intuitive. I still say that the Baltimore terminal is the best yet when it come to customer service. You no longer wait in line to go to a counter...and there are no express check-in for Diamond and above. Everyone is expected to sit in a chair assigned to your assigned arrival time. Mobile representatives come to you, ask a few questions, take your picture, then stamp your boarding pass. You can then proceed to the ship. Although cumbersome, it only took us approximately 20 minutes from arrival at the terminal to boarding the ship. You do not receive your sea pass card at check-in...one is waiting for you in a sealed envelope outside your door...the extra one is in the room. Also in your room is a WOW band. You wear this band like a watch and use it just like you would a sea pass card. The WOW band gets a huge thumbs up from me...LOVED IT! I didn't have to worry about where/how I was going to cart my card around. You use it to open your door and make purchases just like the card. Now room. OMG!!! LOVED our stateroom! We had a balcony room with a total of 232 sq ft. with MANY of what I call "thoughtful" changes. PLENTY of storage and the bed is high enough to stow suitcases easily. Rather than one closet with doors that like to open/close on their own during the night and shoes sliding out from underneath, there are two closets on either side of the bed...both with a floor and doors that stay put! One closet has two hanging rods (upper/lower), plenty of hangers and two racks on the door for shoes, purses, whatever. The other closet has one shorter hanging rod on one side, shelves and a safe on the other. There are four upper "flippers" with plenty of space for storage, then another four drawers that are 'self-closing,' and they stay closed! We had a fridge equipped with a combo lock. I was first puzzled by this but I suppose if there is alcohol or goodies that you don't want the kiddies to get into, the lock is a good thing. We opened the bathroom door to the greatest change/upgrade we could have asked for...NO SHOWER CURTAIN! The shower is a roomy arched plexiglass shower with a door that opens/closes easily and stays put! No need to pack clothes pins for the Quantum. Even better, the bathroom mirror DOES NOT fog up (and I take HOT showers). HOPEFULLY, RCI will make this a fleet-wide change. Dining was most enjoyable. That to our great travel agent, we rotated to a different restaurant each night at 6p.m. Menu selections were well though out and changed slightly each evening. Service was very good...and instead of spending 2+ hours in a dining room, we were generally out in 60 minutes or so. There were many options for breakfast and lunch...Windjammer, Two70, American Icon, and a few others. We saw three amazing shows: Momma Mia, Starwater, and Sonic Odyssey. I heard people say that they had seen Momma Mia on Broadway and this show surpassed the Broadway version. Everyone was dancing in their seats at one point or another...WELL DONE!! Sonic Odyssey included an Earth Harp and other visual effects that left many speechless. Starwater also had visuals, acrobatics and robotics that were pretty darn awesome. The ship's crew, stateroom attendants, and dining staff were the best. They were all so very helpful and always had a smile on their faces. Disembarking is always an issue at Cape Liberty. They may have a new terminal but they still don't know how to deal with people and their luggage! They are far from helpful and never mind looking for a smile...there aren't any to be found! The only good part was that they did have a Custom's line for Diamond and above which made existing with luggage in tow so much easier. All in all, our experience on the Quantum was OUTSTANDING. Now if only we could move the Quantum to Baltimore :-).

Long awaited cruise a success!

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by cruzette

cruzette’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

OMG!!! LOVED our stateroom! We had a balcony room with a total of 232 sq ft. with MANY of what I call "thoughtful" changes. PLENTY of storage and the bed is high enough to stow suitcases easily.Rather than one closet with doors that like to open/close on their own during the night and shoes sliding out from underneath, there are two closets on either side of the bed...both with a floor and doors that stay put! One closet has two hanging rods (upper/lower), plenty of hangers and two racks on the door for shoes, purses, whatever. The other closet has one shorter hanging rod on one side, shelves and a safe on the other.There are four upper "flippers" with plenty of space for storage, then another four drawers that are 'self-closing,' and they stay closed!We had a fridge equipped with a combo lock. I was first puzzled by this but I suppose if there is alcohol or goodies that you don't want the kiddies to get into, the lock is a good thing.We opened the bathroom door to the greatest change/upgrade we could have asked for...NO SHOWER CURTAIN! The shower is a roomy arched plexiglass shower with a door that opens/closes easily and stays put! No need to pack clothes pins for the Quantum. Even better, the bathroom mirror DOES NOT fog up (and I take HOT showers). HOPEFULLY, RCI will make this a fleet-wide change.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans