• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Celebrity Silhouette Review

Editor Rating
1911 reviews
58 Awards

Perfect start for a cruise virgin

Review for Celebrity Silhouette to the Bahamas
kirkmuddle
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 1B

Ok, this was my first ever cruise, so it was a good start for me. Granted we were on an Atlantis cruise (GLBTQI community) so I know that the entertainment would have been different if it wasn't, but the rest of the cruise is the same.

The staff on the ship were great from Embarkation to Disembarking, all were friendly and attentive. We paid for the Airport transfer to MIA as well as the additional for value luggage (from the room to your home port, they do it all). the Valet service as $25 each and SO worth it!

We ate in the main dining room most nights, had one night at Toscani Grill, which was lovely to have a window side seat and lovely Italian food, and one night at Murano, which again, was stunning food and attentive service.

Deluxe Veranda 1B

Cabin 1B

The overhead storage was Handy, the cabin was much bigger than I expected, though we could only get one suitcase and bag property under the bed, I think the support location didn't help.

Port Reviews

San Juan

Walked around Old San Juan and from Fort to Fort, beautiful and historic city, went to the art gallery, all on foot, was a great time, would love to go back.

St. Maarten

We rented a car. This may have been a bad idea, describing the car as a "piece of crap" is unkind to pieces of crap. I will review that company (harshly) separately. The island itself is beautiful. Go to Maho Beach for the fun of an aircraft landing, French side of the island is charming. Had lunch there it was just lovely to wander around.

1 Helpful Vote