3. Carnival Inspiration
We arrived at the pier around 2:30 and were on the ship at 3. There was a decent, approximately 20 minute line to check in. It has been a decade since I have been on a Fantasy Class ship and I felt they were starting to show their age 10 years ago. The Funship 2.0 upgrade definitely made a world of difference. Walking around the ship, you would never know that this ship was 20 years old. Everything was updated and modern, with lots of flat screen TV's. The ship does look old from the outside, due to the lack of balcony cabins. Anytime dining worked great for us. We were able to get a table for 2 whenever we wanted with no wait. We ate once at 5:45 (right when the dining room opened), once at 7:00 and once at 8:00. The service the first night was decidedly gruff. No welcome smile or using our name. The service the first night was definitely bare minimum. The next night, we had a fantastic waiter (Kostadinka) who was so awesome we requested her again the next night. Neither of us were crazy about the new "American Table" menus. We felt like they were difficult to read and there were a fewer number of options. On most cruises, there are usually 2 or 3 entrees that appeal to me. On this cruise, there was usually only 1 entree per night that sounded good. One night, none of the entrees sounded good to my wife so she just ordered 4 appetizers. Besides the new menus lacking choice, everything we ordered was excellent. I feel like one benefit to cruising on a "smaller" ship is that the food is just a notch better. There were lots of options for eating and all were quite good. Besides the main dining room, there is the buffet, mongolian grill, poolside grill, deli, and 24 hour pizza. This was definitely a booze cruise, which was to be expected. Don't go on a 3 night cruise expecting to find much peace and quiet - even in the Serenity adults only area. I think one of the benefits to this being a booze cruise is that the shows and main dining rooms were noticeable less crowded. We went to all the shows and the theatre was never even remotely full. The same goes for the dining room. I think a good number of people stayed in the bars and clubs and just grabbed dinner at the buffet. We loved the Taste Bar, but were disappointed that it was only open 2 of the 3 nights. Both shows were excellent, and there were lots of activities during the day to keep us busy. We loved the comedy club, which is in the Candlelight Lounge every night. The comedians were both hilarious, with very different styles of comedy. We had a great time and will definitely return.

Great food on a nicely updated ship

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by hbsprite

• Sail Date: March 2015
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
We had a great time and will definitely return.
hbsprite’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E U67
The cabin was just OK. We really missed having a sofa. Despite being 185sq. feet, it felt small without the sofa. Also, because it had a door connecting the cabin next door, the bed was in a very awkward location. When we first got the cabin, the bed was right next to the connecting door (effectively blocking it), which didn't work for us because we could literally hear every word our neighbors were saying when we were laying down. We ended up moving the beds to the bottom of the window, which definitely made the room flow better and seem bigger. However, in this configuration, we could not see the TV.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins