• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

123Nel
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2015
Cabin:

First let me emphasize that while we are on a website which critiques ships essentially, the Cuba Cruise in my opinion should be looked upon in a category of it's own i.e. that of a trip involving a ship to a fascinating country. Notice I did not say ideal, but there have been some remarkable accomplishments in the area of universal access to medical care, high quality education at no cost and a very high standard of personal security.

Prior to my trip I read the reviews. I just finished "A Great Way to discover Cuba" which is an excellent and very fair review. I agree with the observations made by my fellow traveller but would choose to put less emphasis on certain areas.

This was my 7th trip to Cuba, a different place on each of the previous trips. In addition this was the 9th Cruise line that I have travelled with plus I have some shipboard experience i.e. working on a ship, albeit limited. That is the backdrop to my review.

previous reviewnext review