3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
This was a very short cruise to experience the excitement of life on the Queen Mary 2 - the great dame of the sea, the 5 star experience, I would like to point out we paid full price for our 2 days, in fact, more than what some passengers on board paid for their nine days. Price is not something I ever bought up in discussion but some fellow passengers delighted in telling you about their bargains. Unfortunately I think Cunard has dropped its standards to accommodate the budget traveler. Pre cruise was a shambles, our cabin changed from middeck to aft without notification, our boarding tags were for Queen Elizabeth. Embarkation was quick and easy.Our balcony cabin was on the 8th level close to the library and was good although a little tired.The phone was not in working order and was not fixed during our stay. Service was excellent ,our cabin steward was excellent, room service was efficient and the restaurant staff were always cheerful and welcoming- so much so when they asked how our meals were we always said fine because there is nothing they could do to alter the quality. We went to shows both nights and they were both entertaining. Britannia Restaurant is a beautiful space, the food and wine service was very good and breakfast was more than adequate.Lunch and dinner unfortunately was exceptionally poor. I believe if I walked into the ship's kitchen it would be hard to find any fresh food- it appeared everything was cooked from the freezer. It was obvious the kitchen was working on a very tight budget as menus were all based on cheap ingredients.In fact at each meal time it was hard to find anything that was even appealing on the menu Food presentation was abysmal .Food was always warm ,never hot. Soups on offer were all very watery and had little flavour. The chowder was a milky liquid, void of any pieces of fish or seafood. Seabass presentation was appalling but at least tasted ok. Korma curry with vegetables and cashews, was a sloppy mess with no cashews and only a few very over stewed vegetables . Sirloin was cooked perfectly to order but was tasteless and chewy, fish batter was not crisp and chips cold- I won't go on as there is nothing good to say. It appears the standard on this ship has dropped enormously over the last few years. 2 star cruise at 5 star price. I was pleased we were only on board for a few days.

Short but not sweet!

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by aussiebird

We went to shows both nights and they were both entertaining.
aussiebird’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 8009
Very close to the front of the ship ,near the library. Good balcony .
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins