Astoria Cruise Review

New to cruising

Astoria Cruise Review by Tamworth

• Sail Date: Jan 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

Apart from the different embarkation and disembarkation ports being altered which did cause some inconvenience to quite a few people, I think on the whole It was managed as well as it could be under the difficult circumstances.

Reading some of the comments I wondered which Ship they had been on!

We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. Any problems we had were dealt with efficiently and promptly.

Considering the size of the Ship, the facilities were very good.

The entertainment was excellent. Jordan, Kerris and Margaret were very talented not only doing the shows but also running the quizes etc. Richard will be missed on the Azores as he is now on the Magellan, what a talented man.

The food was good, certainly plenty of choice. The waiters were brilliant especially the one's looking after our table.

Our cabin steward looked after us very well.

The officers were very approachable and easy to talk to.

It was our first cruise so had nothing to compare it to, but I think considering the age of the ship you can't compare her with anything, she is unique I loved her.

Our cabin was comfortable, could have done with a larger wardrobe, but having said that perhaps I took too many clothes!!

I agree with one of the passengers comments that there were too many moaners on the ship, we did our best to ignore them and enjoy our holiday visiting some lovely places. They were even moaning about the number of days at sea, didn't they read the itinerary! Some people need to get a life and consider themselves lucky to be able to afford to have a lovely holiday.

We met some lovely people that outweighed the miserable ones.

I enjoyed the days at sea joining in with the various activities.

Would I do it again, yes when I have saved a few pennies!

Thank you the Captain and all the crew on board the Azores.

Tamworth's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Deluxe 549

Our cabin was adequate Perhaps a larger wardrobe and more than one electric point would have been more helpful.

Tamworth