3. Wind Surf
This was our second Windstar cruise. We took Windstar's Western Med trip from Rome to Barcelona in 2013 and felt that Windstar experience was excellent. We have also taken several excellent European river cruises. This cruise featured excellent food, good entertainment, a great crew and fantastic weather. Over all would rate this experience as below expectations for several reasons. Internet - We were appalled by the ridiculous cost of the Internet services. In this age of the Internet, a connection should cost the same as meals, shipboard water and electricity We are immersed in a new "Connected" culture that Windstar needs to recognize and enable. This such a big issue that I will not be booking with Windstar until a more reasonable (free or reasonable ( ~$100) fee for unlimited use for the duration of the cruise) internet service is offered. This would require a technical investment just as the investment to supply, meals, fresh water and electricity. Excursions - We participated in most of the non-diving excursions. Other that a couple of excursions, we were disappointed. If Viking's excursions are rated a 10, then I would rate Winstar excursions for this cruise as low as 2 and averaging a 4 or 5 rating. Since Windstar charges for each excursion I suggest that they develop some standards for the tour companies and guides and work to insure that the excursions are consistent with the cost of the excursions and the cruise. The only crew member that I remember joining any of the excursions on our trip was the ship acupuncturist. Ship Condition - We also felt many of the public areas of the ship were deteriorated and in dire need of an upgrade. One particular problem was the dark carpet on the stairs which, combined with the low lighting level, resulted in a very dangerous situation.

Some good, some bad