3. Carnival Sensation
Completely subpar when it comes to cabins, food and service. Terrible bathrooms with draw curtain in shower that leaks out to floor. Hazardous at my age. Balcony cabin smaller than any ship I have sailed on. I filled out form for a credit since the trip price lowered and did not receive it on debarkation. Actually the best part of the cruise was embarkation and debarkation. This boat is so outdated and just went in for a 2 week refurbish (needs 2 years). Food is mediocre at best. Pizza terrible. Moroccan Wok was the best of the buffet. Same food every day pretty much and I have no idea that some people actually like warm shrimp cocktail. Ugh! The serenity deck was hard to get a lounge chair on and small and anything but serene when the drunk kids took over the hot tubs. Not like any other ship I have cruised. Music extremely loud on Lido deck and gave me a headache. Lots of first time cruisers on this voyage who got very seasick with 8 foot swells the last 2 days. Had fixed dining at 8:15 which was best. Good dinner companions who didn't care too much for the food so to cover our bases ordered 2 the last 2 nights and ate the best pick. All the food was going to be dumped due to the refurbish. Many staff servers spoke little english. All in all, a total bust for me and my daughter. Lot of complaining about the smoking on port Lido but they stopped balcony smoking so it was the only choice therefore and a mistake to concentrate it to this one area. I don't smoke but I don't believe in telling other people what to do. Carnival is better off letting balcony smoking.

Choose another ship

cparsons123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C E238
Small for a balcony, not enough towels so requested more (which came). Had A/C turned off (freezing). No amenities in bathroom except bodywash and soap. Small hardback chair (1) to watch tv.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins