• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

iHartVacay
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2007
Cabin:

Overall, great vacation. My husband and I went alone. This was our third cruise. The first was Princess (honeymoon), the second Carnival (family event). We chose this cruise for the embarkation port and the itinerary. Incidentally, I think the absolute best feature was the itinerary. I loved each of the ports far better than any other ports I have visited on any other cruise.

Embarkation day. We flew in the day before, so we got there early around 11AM. When we first arrived, my husband dropped my off with the bags and went to park the car (not at the terminal). I was standing there with five bags and was completely ignored by porters. A NCL representative pointed walked me to the gate where the porters were bringing bags (but did not help me with my bags). I stood there for five minutes while porters walked by me until one came up and collected my bags. I was sweating and flustered by then so I didn't tip him, but my bags still made it to the room.

From there things were better, the line was minimal, we were handed our key cards. One weird thing is we were then told to wait a few minutes to board while other people were waved through. Anyway after five minutes, we were waved on and we ducked out of the embarkation photo line and went onto the ship. Also, we had carried on some bottled water and a box of coke zero and didn't want a picture of us carrying stuff. Our room was in the process of being cleaned, so we dumped our stuff and went off to find the buffet around 11:30.

previous reviewnext review