3. Carnival Ecstasy
This is out first cruise with Carnival, we were looking for a quick getaway to get some sun and relax. Perhaps our expectations were skewed after sailing with another cruise line. We just returned yesterday from a 3 night cruise on the ecstasy. If you would like to relive your college days at the frat house, this might be the cruise for you! The first night as we walked to our room we encountered about 6 rooms with the doors propped open and music playing, several young men were hanging out in the hall; no big deal until the their mouths opened and they began to speak foul language loudly. Later that night a member of our group encountered someone vomiting in the elevator and we saw staff cleaning up vomit off the carpet in another area. I will say we didn't see/ hear too much of that after the first night. The ship apparently is popular for quick getaways, unfortunately the demographic of people this ship attracted seemed to be loud mouthed, drinking/ partying and poorly mannered. Groups would be walking around the ship speaking/ arguing loudly with one another. The lack of undergarments on a surprisingly high number of fellow passengers was a real eye opener. The dress code ( I didn't get this memo) is skin tight, crotch high spandex, with lots of neon accents. The downside of this was the majority of people wearing those outfits mentioned above were not in a physically attractive body shape to sport that style. The ship is older and smaller with only 1 small pool, and 4 hot tubs (2 in an adult only section) they were always quite full. Our cabin rooms (balconies) were pretty small, our cabin steward was nice and kept stuff clean but did tell us if he didn't get to into our room by 12:30 it would have to wait because his shift ended then. Not a big deal to us as he would just tidy up when he did the evening turn down service and we aren't that picky or messy. Once again the staffing didn't seem to be great for housekeeping either. The food was good in general, the evening dinner in the dining room had some nice selections, not super gourmet but solidly appealing.There were always lines at the buffet/ walk up food stations. There did not seem to be a good staff/ passenger ratio, there was no where to put your dirty dishes if you just stopped in for a quick snack. The wait staff did clear the tables but there seemed to not be enough of them. I actually felt bad for them. After waiting for about 20 minutes in the Mongolian Wok line I finally received my food only to find the Szechuan sauce so hot it burned my mouth and tongue and I couldn't taste anything after that! Like I said the staff hustled with serving but couldn't keep up with demand at peak lunch times. Some of the dining room staff didn't always seem to understand English very well, so you might get something other than what you wanted (hash browns instead of ham). They would try to get you what you asked for but didn't seem to anticipate general things (like jelly/ butter for a basket of croissants, syrup for pancakes). We had our teen kids with us, they said there really wasn't much going on in the tween/ teen clubs. I saw some families with small children but overall not a lot of little kids. The hallways/ walkways are narrow on this ship, even in the common atrium area, we had to often squeeze past others to get through. There seemed to be quite a lot of smokers on this sailing, if you walked up on the pool deck near the smoking section it was pretty bad. The ship began to smell like sewer gas in the common areas on the second day. The floors are both numbered and have names which is confusing, they should just stick with floor numbers. We saw both the musical shows and comedy shows and they were all really good. The guitar player and other small band on the ship were very talented. Other than that the other activities offered pretty much involved selling you something and bingo. The disembarkation process was long, it was nice to get up and have breakfast but then we were sitting around for another hour and 15 minutes waiting to get off like hostages! We didn't get off the boat until 10:30 and the next cruise passengers were already arriving making the pick up/ drop off area a hot mess. I really don't think the ship could be properly cleaned and common areas disinfected in that short amount of time. Overall if you're looking for a quick get-away with good food this was OK; I was glad I went versus not going, just don't expect a 5 star vacation.

Klassy with a K folks!

Ages 16+
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A M 253 M 257
these rooms are small, and the bunk beds are weirdly positioned over the head and foot of the main bed, so you can't get to the balcony unless you crawl across the bed.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins