3. Caribbean Princess
This was my husband and I's 10th cruise. The past 5 years we tend to do weekend cruises since we have small children and can only be gone a short time. We are in our late 30's and early 40's. I was very pleased to see the Princess started doing 4 and 5 night cruises as they have always been our favorite cruise line. This was going to be our 2nd trip on Caribbean princess we had sailed on her in 2007 on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean. We left out of FLL and boarding was delayed because of a high rate of NoroVirus on the previous cruise. So while in port they had to do a deeper cleaning. They were still very organized and we were on the boat by 2 PM with the first 200 or so passengers. Our room was ready right away. We had an interior room because we were trying to keep costs down on this one. Baja Deck which is 11, B736. It was fine for our needs. Our previous cruise on CB we had a balcony room and they are great too. I will say the beds on princess are not the best. That is one of the only negative things I will every say about this cruise line. I don't know what it is but they do tend to be lumpy. Same on every ship I have been on with them. But its not terrible and you can tolerate for a few nights. Weather was great our entire trip. I thought the boat looked good for its age. Yes some of the main areas are dated with their design but they are still in good shape. We had no problem finding chairs in the sun. Our favorite spot is the back terrace pool and the few decks above with the Morgan Bar and hot tub. Less crowded and more low key than the main pool area. It fits our style. Food was fabulous. After sailing on Royal Caribbean the previous 2 times with mediocre food, the food was a great treat on Princess. The Chops Grille and Sabitini's are well worth the surcharge. Both phenomenal meals with great service. We had anytime dining and had 2 great meals in there as well. The waiters were always brining us the dishes they recommended even if we didn't order it. They would just say, this is good...try it. Royal Caribbean now charges an additional $10 if you want more than one entree. No such thing on princess. I was very mindful of the service and staff and how friendly and responsive they were. Again, everyone was great. Said hello, were attentive. I am so surprised that some of the recent reviews complained about this. I found the service to be great as always. There was only one time in Explorer's Lounge when the staff took a while to come over and take our order. But again, that was one time. We had a magician and comedian on board that I thought were both good. We did not see the production show. That's not really our style. We liked the Vines Wine Bar. They give you free Tapas, small plate with meatball, pasta, etc... with your wine. Nice little snack. OVerall, it was a great long weekend getaway. We have always been happy with Princess and look forward to cruising with them again soon.

Great Weekend Escape to Turks & Caicos