3. Celebrity Constellation
Embarking was a breeze. We were in state room 6148, Penthouse suite. We could see our neighbors on the balcony as we walked up to the terminal so thought our room would be ready. As soon as we checked in, we were escorted to Ocean Liners as Michaels Club was having the windows frosted. I can totally understand that, over the course of the cruise we constantly saw people trying to look in. I am sure new cruisers were just curious as to what Michaels Club is. We had to wait quite a while to go to our suite, we later found out that was because they were doing some kind of tour of our suite, we saw the movie on UTube after the cruise. Once we entered and looked around the suite which was beautiful but dusty, we noticed there were no glasses other than the 2 champagne glasses for the sparkling wine. Our two bottles of spirits were not there either. There were four of us in the suite and only two towels and two bathrobes. Our Butler stopped by and introduced himself, told us if we needed anything, to ask him first and he would make sure it was taken care of. I asked for glasses, more towels and 2 more bathrobes. I also asked he explain how the hot tubs work, the sound system and automatic drapes. He just looked at me and said "push the buttons". If you have stayed in this suite, you know there are buttons everywhere. To cut a long story short, it took several requests. We finally called housekeeping who delivered the towels and bathrobes that evening and stocked the cabinets with glasses the next morning. I can honestly say our Butler was the worst I have experienced. I have had much better in a Sky Suite. We were told by the neighboring PH that they were tipping the Butler before he actually did anything and that's how they got what they wanted. I have always tipped according to the service I receive and no before. I feel I tip well for good service. We then started tipping him everytime we saw him for the next couple of days but honestly, things did not improve. We passed him several times and he did not even acknowledge us. One might think we were needy, the only thing we asked for were the towels etc. And breakfast in our room twice. Now as far as the service we received around the ship, we could not have asked for better service. Other than a few rude bar tenders, and not to us, only what I observed for other guests, as soon as they heard 6148, they were Johnny on the spot. We did not wait for anything, even though we expected to. Leo and his staff in Michaels Club were superb. They were so friendly and could not do enough for those of us fortunate to be in Michaels. It will make cruising without Michaels Club very hard. We ate at Ocean Liners the first evening, food and service was great. Sommlier one of best we have experienced. Second night was formal night, we have never done formal night before but my Son and his Fiancée wanted to do it so we did. We were invited to dine at the Captains table, ordinarily I we would have declined. Again, my Son etc. wanted to so we did. I found it to be a very nice experience, food was great, conversation never stopped. We were each given a photo of us all at the table along with a personal menu and a Rose for the Ladies. Our stops were Key West and Cozumel. Key West was the first day, been several times but a first for my Son. We took the trolley around the Island and hopped on and off at various sights. Beautiful weather and we have decided to go back when we can stay longer and experience the night life there. The next day was a sea day, we had not even toured the ship yet as embankment day was really busy. We ate lunch at Bistro on 5, not as good as I remember toured the ship and took a nice nap on the huge balcony. This was formal night. Cozumel, been several times but a first for my son. We took a private Jeep Tour and had Mirasol as our guide. I can not say enough nice things about her, she was fantastic. Great personality and such a good sense of humor. Fabulous day! We went snorkeling, went up the lighthouse, saw the crocs, did some site seeing and tequila tasting. We had so much fun! We ate in Blu that night. I felt bad for others because they were apparently making people wait but as soon as we said the magic 6148 we were seated immediately. Food was great as was the service. We ate alone as my Son had date night. They ate in the MDR and said the same. We had selected select dining, they too were seated immediately. Next day at sea, relaxing. My husband hit the casino, lost but he had fun doing it. The rest of us went by the pool and then back to our balcony. We tried to utilize our suite and balcony as much as possible but also wanted to experience the ship, we really needed a lot longer cruise. Every evening we went for cocktails and canopies in Michaels. The canopies were much better than we used to get in our suite on previous cruises. We also got a bridge tour on our last sea day. All in all, we had a great time and I still love Connie. The only downside was our Butler. Disembarking, well those VIP tags, I am not sure how I will ever be able to cruise without them. Leo walked us down to our bags which were in a special spot, straight to a dedicated line for immigration and right off the ship. Sad to leave but if you have to, what a great way to do it.

Celebrity Constellation Penthouse Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by fun4us2

• Sail Date: February 2015
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite
Our stops were Key West and Cozumel.
fun4us2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PS 6148
Fabulous suite and balcony. There is no longer a music system which was a disappointment. We would have taken our own Bose Blutooth if we had of known. Connecting handle to sky suite was hanging off. Make sure you get instructions for using the jacuzzi in the bathroom, took us ages to figure it out but then we also couldn't see the controls as we left our glasses somewhere.I believe the M Class PH Suites are the best at sea.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins