Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by thebeach

• Sail Date: Feb 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom

I specifically went thru a Royal Caribbean representative so I was sure I would get what I wanted....lets see-where do I start. I booked a room for 4 and the picture on the web site and the room where not even in the same ball park. So much so I went to the desk before checking in telling them a mistake was made...so sorry, no mistake. No couch-no extra bed, just bunk beds that dropped out of the ceiling so much we couldn't even stand up unless you were out into the room which barely allowed for 2 people to stand. The room was filthy with a broken chair that tilted (the only seat in the entire room). There was a vent that was missing 2 strips and when I looked into it there had to be at least an inch think of dust and dirt as far back as I could see. the shower curtain was broken and never fixed the whole time on board. I made sure there was a teen program geared towards 12-14 year olds as I had my granddaughters with me. There was not-just a 12 to 17. Like Anyone would let 12 and 13 yr olds hang out with 17 year olds? I think Not.There was not enough activities for young people at all....bingo just doesn't cut it.2 of our very expensive excursions were cut short by delays getting off the ship with no compensation offered. It was a very bad experience for my granddaughters who have both said they would never cruise again.

thebeach's Full Rating Summary

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin H 3564

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

just OK

Aqua Park

not very big and very expensive for a total of 5 things to play on....

View All 56 Aqua Park Reviews
Dolphin Swim & Encounter

what a joke. 285$ for 1/2 hour in the water doing nothing more than getting in position for them to take pictures and charge you another 100$ for these pictures. I had to pay 185$ just to walk with my grandchildren and not go in any water or do any activities. Total rip off.....also excursion shortened by an hour because we didn't get off the ship when we were supposed to.

View All 39 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews
Trolley Tour

was supposed to go snorkeling but was cancelled due to wind. Took a very boreing trolley ride around the city and had no time to get off and look at things...it was rush rush rush to get back to the ship

View All 176 Trolley Tour Reviews