• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Navigator of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Our Favorite Family Vacation EVER!!

Review for Navigator of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
jjesaoqw
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2015
Cabin: Interior Stateroom
Traveled with children

My husband and I have been on 5 cruises before this cruise. All of them with Royal Caribbean. Each time we've gone we have had an amazing time! After years of promising out 5 children that we would take them we finally did it! We chose to cruise out of Galveston because we figured we could drive to Texas from Colorado and save ourselves the airfare. This made the expense of our family vacation very economical! I will say that the terminal at Port of Galveston does not flow as well as Royal Caribbeans other ports in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale but if you are patient and know that you may have to wait a little it is not bad at all!! I read some of the reviews before we left and I was terrified that it was going to be a nightmare and it wasn't. Just be patient! You'll get on that ship and if you have to wait a little it will be worth it!!!

Navigator was the first cruise ship that my husband and I had sailed on so we were happy to go back on it with our children. When we booked we did not realize that Navigator had gone through renovations so we were so happy when we found out that a flow rider had been added to this ship!!! My 15 year old son spent hours and hours on that things.

Because we traveled during the school year there were not a ton of families or young children on this cruise. It was mostly older couples and seniors. We LOVED this!!! It was not a party cruise! It was not a drink fest!! It was a nice relaxing cruise that never lacked in entertainment!! There were just enough youth for all of our kids t make friends with. Especially our teenage children. They met lots of fun kids their age and spent most of their days and nights with them and continue to keep in touch with them via text and social media. Our younger boys enjoyed Royal Caribbeans Adventure Ocean and especially loved that they were old enough to come and go as they please.

Interior Stateroom

It is small but efficient and sufficient! We were happy and content with our accommodations!

Port Reviews

Roatan

Booked the Zipline and Beach tour. They were easy to find as soon as we exited the boat. Our tour guide gave us lots of interesting information regarding Roatan. When we arrived on Victor's property we were greeted by 5 young men who helped us suit up and for our zip line adventure. They were very kind and courteous. We were surprised at how many lines we were able to to do. It wasn't too scary or hard for our 7 year old but it was exhilarating enough for our daredevil 15 year old son! After the zip line we toured the zoo and got to hold moneys, birds, and see an assortment of different animals. The facility was clean and very well kept! They then took us to a beach to relax and hang out. Unfortunately the beach was our least favorite. There were lots of merchants selling good and services. Our tour was good for a small private part of the beach but we had read on cruise critic to walk down a little further and where it was less crowded so that is what we did. We walked all the way to the left and landed ourselves in a perfect spot for snorkeling!! This fish would come right up to you!!! It was amazing and my kids loved it!!

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from $150