3. Navigator of the Seas
My husband and I have been on 5 cruises before this cruise. All of them with Royal Caribbean. Each time we've gone we have had an amazing time! After years of promising out 5 children that we would take them we finally did it! We chose to cruise out of Galveston because we figured we could drive to Texas from Colorado and save ourselves the airfare. This made the expense of our family vacation very economical! I will say that the terminal at Port of Galveston does not flow as well as Royal Caribbeans other ports in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale but if you are patient and know that you may have to wait a little it is not bad at all!! I read some of the reviews before we left and I was terrified that it was going to be a nightmare and it wasn't. Just be patient! You'll get on that ship and if you have to wait a little it will be worth it!!! Navigator was the first cruise ship that my husband and I had sailed on so we were happy to go back on it with our children. When we booked we did not realize that Navigator had gone through renovations so we were so happy when we found out that a flow rider had been added to this ship!!! My 15 year old son spent hours and hours on that things. Because we traveled during the school year there were not a ton of families or young children on this cruise. It was mostly older couples and seniors. We LOVED this!!! It was not a party cruise! It was not a drink fest!! It was a nice relaxing cruise that never lacked in entertainment!! There were just enough youth for all of our kids t make friends with. Especially our teenage children. They met lots of fun kids their age and spent most of their days and nights with them and continue to keep in touch with them via text and social media. Our younger boys enjoyed Royal Caribbeans Adventure Ocean and especially loved that they were old enough to come and go as they please. Some of our favorite highlights are: the all you can eat self serve ice cream, flow rider, Sinaga and Pande (our Sapphire dinning room servers), the ice show, the movies under the stars, playing shuffle board for the first time ever! The fact that there weren't waiters hounding you every second to buy alcohol like on RC larger ships (we don't drink so this was awesome for us!) the fact that the ship never felt crowded. Getting off and on at different ports was easy and no big deal. The weather was awesome. The crew was accommodating! We loved it all!! Overall this was hands down THE BEST FAMILY VACATION we have ever taken and we dream of the day we can do it again!!!

Our Favorite Family Vacation EVER!!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by jjesaoqw

jjesaoqw’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

It is small but efficient and sufficient! We were happy and content with our accommodations!
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cave-Tubing
    We booked with Caveubing.bz after reading reviews on cruise critic. They were awesome!! Our guides were very kind and knowledgeable. We learned so much about Belize just on the drive to the caves!! On our drive to the caves they made mention about the orange groves as we passed by. There was a conversation about when they are harvested, tasted, etc. After the tubing we headed back to for lunch and our driver pulled over on the side of the country road and bought us fresh picked oranges, sugar cane, and plums just because we had been talking about them earlier and he wanted us to try them!! It was so incredibly thoughtful, not too mention it was all AWESOME!!!! The cave tour was great and we learned and saw so much thanks to our guides. Other groups were passing us, while holding their tubes, but we were learning and seeing along the way and it was great! Our guide found us termites and our 7 year old and 13 year old ate one!! He also found a wild tarantula under a rock and pulled it out for us to hold. We learned about different plants and vegetation and it was really interesting. We tubed through the caves and after it all we were able to jump off some rocks into pools of water. It was beautiful and very fun. We went back to their headquarter for lunch. Their facilities were very clean and well kept and the food was sooooo good!! My kids couldn't get enough!! We asked for the recipe and they quickly obliged!! ( I have made it since we've been home and while it was good, it wasn't as good as theirs!) They transported us safely back to ship with plenty of time to spare. They were fantastic and I would highly recommend them!!
    View All 342 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Private Resort Day Pass
    Playa Mia is a beautiful and clean facility. Our family enjoyed our time there. There is so much for everyone to do. The day we were there it was a little breezy and the temp was in the high 70's so getting in the water was chilly. The water in the kids pools was cold and made it so my kids did not want to go in them. The water slide water also was cold and they did not have much push to get you down very fast. In fact my younger kids would stop mid way through the slide so they mostly played on the beach looking for shells. We did enjoy the free kayaks, and paddle boats and the lunch buffet was really good! I am sure they do not ever heat their pools so this place would be better when the weather is really warm. That way a nice cool pool would be refreshing instead of being too cold to get in! I would recommend this place for the warmer months. Still it was very nice and had lots of options for things to do!
    View All 197 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews
  • Roatan
    Booked the Zipline and Beach tour. They were easy to find as soon as we exited the boat. Our tour guide gave us lots of interesting information regarding Roatan. When we arrived on Victor's property we were greeted by 5 young men who helped us suit up and for our zip line adventure. They were very kind and courteous. We were surprised at how many lines we were able to to do. It wasn't too scary or hard for our 7 year old but it was exhilarating enough for our daredevil 15 year old son! After the zip line we toured the zoo and got to hold moneys, birds, and see an assortment of different animals. The facility was clean and very well kept! They then took us to a beach to relax and hang out. Unfortunately the beach was our least favorite. There were lots of merchants selling good and services. Our tour was good for a small private part of the beach but we had read on cruise critic to walk down a little further and where it was less crowded so that is what we did. We walked all the way to the left and landed ourselves in a perfect spot for snorkeling!! This fish would come right up to you!!! It was amazing and my kids loved it!!
    View All 2,905 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews