3. Caribbean Princess
Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. In the middle however, were enough bumps and let downs for us to decide that we will not be sailing on Princess again. We were celebrating our second honeymoon, and renewing our vows in one of the ports of call. The few things we chose to do, were selected because they meant something to us, and were a part of our plans surrounding this special time for us. We boarded and went straight to the sanctuary to reserve space for the following day, which was a sea day. We did this, and were happy to have gotten spots. Then we went to reserve dinner for 2 at Sabatini's for the day we renewed our vows, and the earliest time was 8:30. Not thrilled with that, but since you can't book your dining online (ahem) then it was what it was. We took it. We wanted to go to Sabatini's since we loved it the last time, the 5 courses presented to you, etc.... NO one told us that it had changed! But, I digress.... We got checked in to our stateroom, and I noticed two particular things. One, our bathroom floor smelled like it had been pissed on for ages and not cleaned well. Also the smell and sight of mildew was present in the shower. The Shower head had a terrible leak, and the plumber had to be called. The beds were hard and lumpy, the mattresses need replacing badly! So day one at sea, we are enjoying the sanctuary, and then we get up to go to the spa to get ready for our couples massage, which we booked as a cabana massage, since we really wanted to be up on deck....We were escorted into one of the spa rooms. Okay, so maybe the cabanas were out of order? We go with the flow....and half way in to the massage my husbands massage therapist whispers in his ear that she will return shortly, that she's going to the bathroom. Really? 5-10 minutes later she's back. Did she make the time up to him? NO! Does it sort of blow the whole looooong uninterrupted massage thing? Uh, yeah it does. Could she have gone before starting? I peeked (was on my back at that point) and my massage therapist was just shaking her head as she massaged me in silence. Just wow. We loved both ports of call! Nachi Cocom in Cozumel, Maya Chan in Costa Maya. Booked both ourselves, loved them both. Maya Chan is where we renewed our vows. The evening of Cozumel during dinner (we had 1st seating) the captain announced that the ship was code red with Norovirus. So......you can imagine the change in the atmosphere in the dining room, and everywhere else for that matter. The crew looked nervous and treated many guests like lepers. Service slipped. We decided that night not to go to the shows in the Incubation Theater, since they were jam packed. Which brings me to the timing of the shows, the timing was poor.....you could not eat the early dinner and attend an early show unless you skipped part of your meal. Okay, so the day we renewed our vows, we returned to our cabin to get cleaned up and await the delivery of our chocolate covered strawberries, that we had ordered to be delivered at a specific time for our special occasion, as we also had a bottle of champagne chilled. Now I am a patient person. An hour passed and then we called room service and were told we could not have them, that we would have had to have them the first day of the cruise, and that it did not matter that we had already paid for them. WHAT?!?!?!?! My husband made his point and they were there in 10 minutes, no apology, drop and go. Our cabin steward was flabbergasted, since he had gone to them in the morning to specifically make sure they were on top of it. So that evening, we head out to the long awaited dinner at Sabatini's. We loved Sabatini's when we first dined there in 2007. As we looked over the menu, my husband remarked that he saw the beef short ribs and wondered about ordering them. I reminded him that he had them in the main dining room and didn't like them, and suggested he ask before ordering, which he did. He was assured that they were not the same, at all. He told the waiter he didn't like the ones in the main dining room, and again the waiter said this was different and he would love them. So, he ordered them. He also told us that it was not a 5 course dinner anymore, etc. Well, all I can say, is the food was a rip off. It was only as good as the main dining room. Nothing at all special about it. It was a huge letdown, with the exception of the dessert, which was very nice.

Last time on Princess. Too many issues, too many let downs.

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Lady & Sir