3. Carnival Magic
We have went on 10 cruises now and I guess the cruise industry has spoiled us. The service on this ship was the worst ever and the crew, for the most part was unfriendly. It started with getting on the ship when it took 2'40" to get on the ship. This was at least twice as long as we have ever waited. We were told that everyone showed up at once? How could you not when the embarkation window was only 2 hours? This was just the beginning. I have never gotten on a ship that you were not greeted as you came aboard. Not on the magic, one security guard who did not speak English and he was just checking cards. The worst embarkation ever, hands down. The service on the ship continued from there. We could not even get served a drink when we got on the ship. They closed the bars immediately and started the Muster drill less than 15 minutes after we got on the ship. Not everyone was even on the ship before the drill started? The list is too long to tell about here, just know that the service is bad. 2 out of 3 good nights in dining room. The food was good but on the second night it took over 2 hours to get our dinner finished? It was over an hour before the appetizer even came out? When my wife went to the matradee nothing? The food was finally served but it was too late. It was not just our table either. I saw at least 3 other tables that waited extended times for service. This is not what you are looking for in the dining room. We were never even told they were sorry or anything. Just a bad experience and I guess nobody cared as we were not even given an apology. I have never experienced the service we received and it was not even acknowledged by the staff? The only take was, this was acceptable and it must happen frequently as they were not concerned. While on the food. The other food areas we open on a limited basis? I have never been on a ship that you had to search for food. The Lido Marketplace would close completely several times a day? I have seen them break down a line to clean and start serving something else, but never all at once. Much like the embarkation you had limited windows of chance to eat. If you missed these windows it was ice cream, pizza, or a sandwich? The lines were long for food as the times were narrow and the people on board quickly realized you better get it while it was out. The pizza was not good, all dough and no toppings, clearly a filler and also an expense saver. Overall food on the ship was decent but getting it when you wanted it was not a choice. You better plan on eating on their schedule if you take this ship. I have never seen such poor entertainment on a ship. The shows were bad and that is being nice. This was by far the worst entertainment ever. The bright spot was the comedy shows. If not for the comedy shows there would not have been anything to go see worth watching. The best show, and it was backwards, was the newlywed couples game. It usually is on the first day but was on the last day on this ship? The entertainers were the passengers and was the best show they had. I never saw the cruise director out and about and also the announcements were limited on this ship. Very little live music on the pool deck and only a few activities. We did experience a few good staff members and thank them for that, but most seemed uninterested in their jobs. No ice carving, and never saw deals in the Fun Times for the spa. Usually the spa runs deals on the last day but nothing on this ship. Overall we took two couples on this ship that had never cruised before. This staff and ship made us look like liars as we had talked it up for a long time. I was embarrassed that I endorsed this ship as it was the wost in our 10 cruises. Although we didn't get any apologies, we apologized over and over to our friends for the service. They didn't know any better but we did. Carnival set a standard we have come to expect and it was way off on this cruise. The end result was an very mediocre experience and a big question mark. We have been cruising for years and years, but this cruise has taken our conversation elsewhere. The weather and the excursions we booked independently saved the trip. I will say that the Carnival Magic experience and their staff have opened our conversation to all inclusive resorts. This may have been enough to stop our cruising and look elsewhere for our fun. I would like to give a bright spot for this cruise, but there really wasn't one other than the time we spent off of the ship.

The worst in 10 years of cruising

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by buck3000

buck3000’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 10214
Cabin was what we expected. A little small in the hall area and the beds were a little firm. Also the climate control wasn't the best, but we don't take cruises to stay in the cabin.
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins