• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

sfgenato
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2015
Cabin:

This was only my second cruise, the previous was on board the Quest last year, so I can't compare to other cruise lines. I was traveling solo, and despite being a low income wage earner, the price was right for me to book an interior stateroom - a great value at 1.25 the regular fare for one person based on double occupancy. Many of the crew remembered me by name, and I had the same cabin steward as last year. I found service to be excellent in Discoveries, Prime C and Aqualina, as well as at the pool bar, Discoveries bar, Caberet, and Cafe Mosaica.

I enjoyed the lecturers, the ports we visited were fantastic, especially as this was my first time in Asia. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Indonesia. I loved how they greeted the ship with dancing and music every port, and I found the excursion guides to be professional, warm and friendly, they made a few extra spur of moment stops based upon interests of the passengers. I was impressed by their helpfulness even on the last day, when the tour guides took us to the airport, walking us through immigration departure to the Singapore Airline Checkin counter. While the cost of the excursions were high, the interior stateroom and oceanview staterooms were marketed at such an exceptional rate and value, I was able to splurge on lots of extras on this cruise. I put a deposit down for another cruise while on board, looking forward to another adventure next Winter with Azamara!

Cagin 7068, Deck 7 Midship, next to the guest laundry. The laundry is open from 8 AM to 9 PM, but since I was busy with excursions and on deck during those times, I didn't have a problem with noise. I slept well in this cabin, didn't hear any neighbors. Minimal motion, stable location, very convenient location if you don't mind it being an interior stateroom.

previous reviewnext review