3. Celebrity Constellation
This was our 6th cruise on Celebrity cruise line and absolutely unbeatably the worst one. The ship is old, worn out, smelly, and feels unclean; there is no wow factor at all – very drab. Embarkation was chaotic, mostly due to no direction from the staff and pushy passengers. We went on the same itinerary on the Millennium 2 years ago and it felt like night and day compared to this cruise. I cannot believe that in 2 years Celebrity dropped so low. We took a Celebrity cruise 3 month ago on Silhouette and it was a nice cruise, we noticed many budget cuts and corners cuts even on that cruise; however it cannot be compared to this cruise. It’s a shame that Celebrity fell so low that I cannot even compare it to Carnival – there was no service, no entertainment, no care and no variety on a 5 days cruise. In 5 days NO ONE paid us any attention - not the room steward, not the server, not the wait staff at the buffet, not the entertainment staff - in 5 days on the ship NOT ONE PERSON offered or provided any service or enjoyable experience or did anything worth recognition. Even guest relations manager was not interested in remediating the situation. The cabin was worn out, rusted out, poorly decorated and very small. There were stains everywhere. The pool towels brought to our room the second day were dirty, the bed shits were dirty, the carpets were dirty, the balcony looked like it was not cleaned in ages. My husband developed a severe allergy while on the ship, he is allergic to dust. The room steward spends 3 minutes in the room and leaves dust, dirt, stains untouched. It took 3 days to get ice from the room steward. The first day we asked and got no ice, the second day we asked and got ice in the middle of the day, by the time we got to cabin later in the day it was melted and was never changed, so the 3rd day after asking both room steward and assistant to have fresh ice in the room we finally got it. One day the room service menu disappeared from the tv screen and since room steward did not provide paper order forms for breakfast, we were not able to order morning coffee. The interactive function was fixed the next day, we ordered juice to be delivered for 8 am the next day and got a knock at the door an hour later at 12:30 am after midnight and juice delivery. The main dining room waiter was so busy that it was impossible to stop him and ask for a different dish or just to get a recommendation on the selection. The food presentation was not imaginative, quality was not good and choices were limited. The first cruise day was a nice warm day in Key West and I was planning to spend it on the balcony reading; however window washers decided to wash the windows and floors of the food court 3 decks up and spent 3 hours watering all balconies below. They saw people on the balconies trying to relax and enjoy some sun, but they did not care one bit and kept on watering us over the head with dirty salty water. The worst part of the ship was the buffet dining room with very poor, tasteless and limited choices, terrible working hours and no service whatsoever. In 5 days not once coffee or water was offered by wait staff in the buffet area, nor tables cleaned or dirty dishes removed from the table. The buffet operation hours on board of this ship are ridiculous. If you don’t eat before 10 am, there is no hot or fresh food available between 10 am and 12 pm. If you missed lunch, there is no hot food available between 2 pm and 5:30 pm. Two years ago on the same itinerary, for the day at sea, a very beautiful brunch was served in the main dining room, and there was a midnight sweets buffet on the pool deck. On this cruise if you miss your small window of food service, you either have to wait for the next meal or wait for an hour for order from a very limited selection of a room service menu. The last day at sea, knowing the situation with meals on this ship, we went to Ocean café at 1:30 which is about 1.5 hr earlier than our normal lunch time, but we missed lunch on 2 previous days and were determined to have some fresh food in the afternoon. I went to the salad line with a plate at 1:30 pm and waiter/server closed the shutter over the food in front of my face. I asked him what was going on and why is he closing the salad bar so early, he said that they close one side at 1:30 and the same selection is on the other side and I should go there. I went there and there was 1 salad with tofu available and 4 empty salad dishes. I went straight to the guest relations office and explained the situation. I also tried to state how much I was disappointed with the whole cruise, with hours of operation, with limited options, with total lack of service; she interrupted me and said that she cannot remediate what's done but that she will report the incident to the manager of the dining room at the Oceans Café. She also suggested that I should talk to a manager in the café when there is a problem. To which I said that on all other cruises the officers and dining room managers were available and in the dining room at all times, on this cruise neither in the buffet nor in the main dining room, the manager did not introduce himself, never stopped by the table and I had no idea who to even look for. Regarding the hours of operation she said that it is the same on all ships. To which I told her that 3 month ago on Silhouette the buffet was open for 23 hours a day and there was always a selection of sandwiches, cookies, salads, fruits or horderves available. But she did not care one bit about my experience or my dissatisfaction. In 5 days RARELY any staff member even said hello anywhere on the ship. We waited by the pool side bar for 15 minutes to order drinks while barman was chatting with other staff members. When dance lessons were offered in the reflection lounge, the lounge bar was closed and there was nowhere to get water or a drink for 2 hours that session lasted. The professional entertainment on the ship is almost none existent. Cruise director is really trying to be funny and to be everywhere at once, but he cannot be a substitute for a whole professional staff. Passengers entertaining passengers, so called “life activities” is so amateur it is said and not funny. The days at sea had no professional entertainment offered throughout the day. You had to choose between casino, bingo, shopping on board, art gallery or drinking. There were no lectures, no tour of the ship, no interesting guests, no cooking show, no game shows if you don’t count a poor attempt for unskillful game called majority rules. The dance band that was supposed to play dance music before and after dinner, decided to become rock-n-roll, country, hipster mix, invited a “guest” with guitar that knew 7-8 old rock hippy songs and played them continuously every time we stopped by the deck 4 trying to find a tune to dance to. There were always many people at the lounge, none of them dancing, since the music he was playing was not suited for pre-dinner dance, but they kept on repeating the same performance night after night without paying any attentions to guests. We ordered a future cruise while on the last cruise on Silhouette 3 month ago. That cruise was supposed to be Mediterranean next summer on Constellation. We will be canceling it because after this experience I cannot imagine spending 10 days on this ship.

The worst cruise on Celebrity. Very long review and very frustrating

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by dameofspace

• Sail Date: February 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

dameofspace’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Cabin 2A 7173
Very noisy room right next to an elevator, not a good choice. People yell and call out to one another starting from 7 in the morning and everything you do in the room can be overheard by people standing waiting for the elevator.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins